Friday, January 18, 2008

I feel great

I don't know how really to explain it, but I feel great. I just begun this journey (again) and it's a little different this time. I feel great and I have only lost a little bit. In the past, this would have discouraged me some but it's not this time. I have been exercising every day. The days that I haven't gone to the gym, I have gone for a walk in the neighborhood. I don't know if it is the green tea that I am drinking, the exercise, my new thyroid pills or even all of the above but the past two days I have woke up almost refreshed and that hasn't happened in years. I have actually gotten out of bed before my alarm went off and I am just in shock over it. I like it!

The next week is going to bring more challenges to me. I have to go out of town for work and normally when I have to travel, I end up working so many hours I don't find the time or the energy to go to the hotel gym. I also tend to eat things I wouldn't normally eat ...mostly steak and a baked potato. I know, eat 1/2 the steak and don't get all the junk on the potato but we all know it's not that easy. It tastes so good! I am going to try to make wise decisions and find the time to make it to the hotel gym. I will be in the frozen tundra so I won't be venturing out when I don't need to so I think I can try to find at least 30 minutes (minimum) to visit the gym. That reminds me (makes mental note) to pack workout clothes. In preparation for my trip, I am even packing my green tea, my drinking bottle and splenda so I can have my green tea while I am gone.

So here are my goals for next week:
  • Make wise decisions when eating out. If I have to have that steak and potato, then make adjustments elsewhere.
  • Journal
  • Drink my green tea.
  • Go to the hotel gym a minimum of 30 minutes a day.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Ahhh the wonderful feeling of success. Of figuring out that success is not measured by the scale but how we feel. CONGRATS! I am glad to hear you are feeling so good!! Best wishes to you next week. I am sure with how you are already doing you will do just great!!

Have a SUPER wonderful day!
*huggles*
=0)

Heather said...

I am so glad you are feeling wonderful! thats how it was for me...this time was different and I didnt get discouraged as easily. I think this time will really be it for you. your goals are great and I wish you luck making good decisions on your trip.