Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just another day...



I have been sick since New Year's Eve and can't seem to shake it. I have really wanted to get back into my gym routine but it is hard to do when you can barely breathe. I am going to try today though, at least get 30 minutes in. I have been doing ok this week. I have been drinking my oolong tea (I swear by this stuff and if anyone ever tries to take my iced tea maker away, I will break their fingers!). I have been journaling everyday. I have found that when I know I haven't been eating the best is when I don't want to journal, some sort of denial I guess? I have forced myself to journal everything even if it the points are outrageous and this I have found is key to my success. Yesterday, for example I had to run to the store to get some water for my tea and was starving, I hadn't eaten breakfast yet so I grabbed one of those small packages of donuts (yes, I know ...not exactly a great choice). I am not talking about the bag of donuts, I am talking about those tiny little packages with maybe 5 or 6 mini donuts in it where if you combined them together, it might make 1 -2 real donuts. Those that don't have a weight problem wouldn't think twice about this tiny little package but the damn thing had 22 grams of fat in it!!! On my WW point system, it came to 10 points, I get 34 a day. I counted it though and stayed within my points yesterday. YAY me!

I have a lot of things I want to post here but maybe tomorrow...not feeling it today.

Good luck today everyone!



I just noticed after reading a few other blogs that today is recipe day? Ok, well here is one of my favorites. For those of you doing Weight Watchers, I think it is like 8 points (might want to calculate it) for a small portion but it tastes awesome. You can also modify the recipe and not put in as many tortillas to reduce the point count. Throw some green veggies on the side and you have an awesome Mexican tasting dinner. Click on image for the recipe.

9 comments:

Shanna said...

I know what you mean about the "quick fixes". That is my down fall too! I try not to keep anything in my house...but you know that doesn't always work!

AND....(about the comment you made on my blog):

I know what you mean...I forget to take my pills ALL the time!! Its like
some kind of mental block. But when I do take them regularly I really fo
feel better & energized! I can't believe yours was so high. You must have
been miserable! Good luck at the doctors!

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on journaling the donuts and staying on track yesterday! That is absolutely great! It's good to know that if you count everything and make adjustments for it with your remaining meals and snacks... you really don't have to worry too much. It's all about moderation... not deprivation. So good for you, girl! Keep up the good work! :)

(By the way... I LOVE your blog layout! The colors and design are fabulous!)

CAP said...

I like how you took into account your choices. Hope you start feeling better. The recipe is going to have to make an appearance in our house. My children would love this. I like the little recipe card too.

Kathy said...

Thanks for the chicken story...now I don't feel so bad! Black...what would cause that, I wonder??? And donuts are so evil...I can not eat just one...I have to eat them until they are gone!
Have a good one...and thanks for visiting me!

Lidian said...

Hope you are feeling better! It helps me too when I write everything down - it helps to see it staring back at me in black and white!

Krissie said...

I'm proud of you for sticking with your points. Sometimes I used to make excuses for a bad day just because I had a bad breakfast.

Keep journaling the good, the bad, and the ugly, and it will get less ugly!

Carleen said...

feel better soon!

Michelle said...

At least you wouldn't journal when you were being bad...I was worse, I LIED when I was being bad. Lying to myself? Crazy! Now that I'm open and honest with what I consume...it's a relief!

Heather said...

I am the same way..I hate journaling the "bad foods" I eat. but thats just what you need to do to avoid eating those foods. one good thing about having to see a counselor (before LAWL closed), was that I knew they would look at everything I ate. so it really helped me to not eat anything bad so they woudlnt have to see. so its always good to journal, but pretend someone else is going to see what you ate, and it may help you stay in check.