Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My car went straight!

I am sure many of you have the same problem I do. Once we get into a workout routine, we feel guilty when we don't do it. In fact, we might even miss it. However, life gets in the way or we feel lazy one day and don't go. Then, we don't go the next day or the day after that. Once we stop our routine, it is so hard to get back into it (or at least it is for me).

On Monday, I had said I was going to go the gym. I didn't go. My car went left instead of straight (left is towards home). I did at least walk that night so I didn't feel too guilty. On my way home from work last night, I just kept telling myself the car must go straight. The car did! I went to the gym and I felt good about it afterwards. I didn't do what I want to do in the long term but am taking baby steps so I don't get burnt out. I used the stationary bike and ended up doing 32 minutes, on level 5 and did a bit over 5 miles. After I got home, made some chicken with rice and before going to bed I used my new core exerciser for 15 minutes. The core exerciser I bought simulates horse back riding (which also happens to be what I do every weekend). Who knows if it is actually doing anything, but it's fun regardless. Anyone out there seen one or ever used one for any length of time?

4 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on your workout last night! That is GREAT!

I think it's best to start out slow, too. Great strategy!

Ready to Shrink said...

Congrats on going straight! :) It's so hard to not fall back in the old routines that everyday that car goes straight is a time to celebrate! Nice job lady!

Felicia said...

What a good car you have there. I say some Premium gas is in order as a treat LOLOL. Keep up the great work!!

Hope you have had a wonderful day!!
*huggles*
=0)

Heather said...

congrats on going to the gym! you are right...once you get back in the habit, it will be a lot easier.