Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Coming out of Hiding

I originally was going to make this blog anonymous because I am ashamed of my weight, I always have been. From the time, I can remember I would always wear big shirts to cover my big behind. I still remember my weight for my physical before going into the 4th grade. I was 114 pounds as I was about to enter the 4th grade. I wasn't the largest kid in class, but I was probably the second largest. I was picked on, always picked last in gym class, called every fat name in the book. I know growing up that my mom did the best she could on what she had. She was supporting two kids on less than $8000 a year in the 80s. Most of you know that's not a lot of money. We weren't exactly eating nutritious foods. We were eating cheap..macaroni and cheese, grilled cheeses, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. It's no wonder, I have a weight problem. I don't blame my mom at all. She did the best she could. Of course, genes haven't helped me much, either over the years. By the time I was in high school I was 185 pounds. Looking back at those pictures, yes I was larger than most of the kids but not horribly overweight. I would kill to be back at that weight now. It's strange how our perception changes over the years or maybe it's others' perceptions that change how we perceive ourselves. At any rate, this post wasn't going to be a woe is me, or feel sorry for me post because I was picked on (because most kids are picked on for some reason or another) but to reveal myself. I'm still not going to go shout on the rooftops about my blog but I feel I am among friends here. Of course, there is that chance that someone I know will stumble upon my blog and see my weekly weigh-ins but why should I care? So here I am with my pride and joy, Reno back in November 2007 at my highest weight 289. I am hoping, no make that I will be posting pictures periodically to show my process. I was originally going to say that hopefully as I go down, but there is no hopefully about it this time. I am going to do it. I may have to ask you all to give me a kick in the ass from time to time.
Enough rambling about that...
Wednesday, I didn't go to the gym but I have a real good reason this time. I was up most of Tuesday night and was running to the bathroom quite frequently Wednesday. I had one of those California Kitchen pizzas (decent points on it) with ham and pineapple. Needless to say, I don't know what was wrong with it, if anything (it didn't taste very good either, the BBQ chicken is much better) but I spent my evening and day in the bathroom. The last thing I wanted to do was to be at the gym and have to stop the treadmill mid walk to go use a public bathroom. As, I sit here and type this (Wed. night), I do feel a bit better so I did use my core exerciser (will save that for another post, another day) for 10 minutes. It's something.

5 comments:

Manuela said...

Sometimes it takes having that picture to get you to make the change. I've been toying with the idea of posting my before picture but haven't got the guts just yet to it but I know that I never want to look like that again.

WW is the perfect plan if you make it your lifestyle choice. I did it too but let what I learned go to the wayside. Stick with it and the weight will come off. I was really successful and if you want some tips or just want to complain about something feel free!

Have a great day!

fertilehealthy said...

It's always nice to put a face to a blog! And yes, you will make it!

Glad to know you're feeling better!

RunningNan said...

Awesome! I'm glad you posted a picture. It's always nice to see the face with the words! I'll be here to give you a kick in the butt if you need it!

Grumpy Chair said...

What gorgeous hair you have. It is always nice to see the face of the blogger.

Katschi said...

Hello there! I came out of hiding with my pictures this week. Why not. This is as we are now...we're above the dirt, we should be happy about that :)
I noticed the ifs, I'll tries and hopefullys in my posts and I noticed you were changing that too. I think that our language is important.
And please try to convince Manuela here to post her pics because this woman is a great example of someone being successful with WW. We watched her shrink week to week at work and her transformation was amazing!