Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Weigh In

It has been a strange week. About mid-week my weigh in was looking promising but as the week went on, it was no longer looking promising. I could only attribute it to me eating my "bank" of points, which I try not to do. I went to the gym a couple of times during the week, but not as many as I should have. I even went to the state fair over the weekend and didn't get any fried food. I did get an italian sausage but at least it has some nutritional value over the funnel cakes, fried cookie dough, fried twinkies, fried oreos, fried cheesecake, etc. I did, however walk a great deal at the state fair and then yesterday I spent about 4 hours cleaning the garage and my body feels it today! All the squatting and getting up caught up with the backs of my legs and the front of my thighs.

I also got my new scale over the weekend. It is another WW scale that does a body analysis which includes BMI, body fat percentage, body water percentage, fat weight in lbs, etc. The numbers on the old scale differ a little bit from the new one, but nothing major to where I won't use the weight off the new scale. The body fat weight was kind of depressing but it's going to go down, so no worries. My body fat weight according to scale was 107 lbs, the bright side is that there is 170 lbs of me that isn't fat.

So drumroll, please.....down 2.4 lbs !!!! YAY! Now, if I could just remember to take my Synthroid, it might help speed things along a little bit more :).

UPDATE:
I didn't include my goals for this week in my post, so am adding them. If I write it, it must happen...right?

1. Get to the gym 4 days (have been really bad about this)
2. Find a better alternative for breakfast (am eating the not so best choices)
3. Do not use my "bank" this week.
4. Eat more vegetables/fruit.
5. Find a used stationary bike for home (would you believe I cannot find one anywhere for sale. Everyone on a health kick these days? or are they still being used to hang clothes on since the New Year?)

12 comments:

Manuela said...

Don't you love weigh-ins? I always did mine on Saturdays because afterwards I could have a treat (if it was a good week!)

I need to get back into it. I was always most successful when I didn't eat those extra points, especially the ones after workouts.

Keep up the good work!

Manuela said...

I forgot that I wanted to say "Fried Twinkies!!!!!" What in the world do those taste like? I've seen the fried snicker and mars bars but never heard of a twinkie. Aren't some people evil when it comes to thinking up ways of making us even unhealthier!!!

Skinny Inside said...

Congrats on the loss~you earned it! Your new scale sounds really cool...I kinda want one, but am afraid of that fat poundage number! You handled it well.

Hanlie said...

Well done! That is awesome!

Your new scale is cool. I determine my body fat percentage by seeing whether I float or not. If I still float in the pool, I have too much fat! One day I won't, then I'll know I'm lean and mean!

Scale Junkie said...

I saw deep fried pepsi but that just sounds weird, deep fried twinkies, deep fried cheesecake (what did that poor cheesecake do to them?) and everything on a stick.

We probably walked right past each other on Saturday! It was sooo crowded wasn't it? Good job on avoiding all of the deep fried foods, I want another chocolate covered strawberry...NOW!

Girl on a Mission... said...

Congrats on your loss this week and your ability to stay focused!
Cheers!

Thanks for stopping by my site!

Thinking Thin said...

Ok I was so curious about the deep fried pepsi, I did research on it.

Well, here it is...

They infused dough with Pepsi Cola and Pepsi syrup, deep fried it, and served it on a toothpick with Pepsi syrup drizzled over it and a flurry of confectionery sugar.

Ready to Shrink said...

Nice Job! :) The new scales sounds awesome, grats on the loss and the new scale :)

Katschi said...

Congratulations on the downward number!
So this scale number, does this mean your weight will be 170 when you're done?
And deep fried pepsi, I'm glad you looked it up because I just couldn't wrap my head around that one.

Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on the weight loss this week.

Did you try Craig's List in your area?

Also, my neighborhood has an online garage sell - you might look to see if someone in your area has that.

Heather said...

congrats on your loss! and also, well done on choosing something healthier than fried food at the fair! I know how hard it is when you are assaulted with delicious smells and sights as soon as you step food in the area.

Cammy said...

Fantastic news on the weight loss! Even better, excellent splurge-y treat choice, given the options! :)