Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thursday post done Wednesday night

Well, I won't be able to post tomorrow because I will be conducting a training class all day, or should I say babysitting a training class all day. It was an extremely long day today.

I go into work at 7a which means me getting up at 5a to get ready and drive an hour to work. I normally get off at 4p. Today, was different. I had to leave the office to go to this hotel to set up computers and printers for the 23 people tomorrow. I get there and the room is filthy, they hadn't cleaned it yet. *sigh. OK, they will get to it. The tables are set up classroom style which is not condusive to the training because as a babysitter I have to walk around the room and help those that are struggling. If it is in classroom style then I am blocking someone's view behind the person I am helping. Needless to say, 2 hours later several people on the staff have come to help and try to figure out how we can get 23 people in this tiny room. They have called the manager and he is coming back into the "office". By the time he gets there, we have gotten the room to where it is workable. At least those employees were extremely helpful and very apologetic. The manager comes in and he was fine; however, I don't really care at this point. I have just wasted two hours of my evening trying to arrange a room to make it work. He comes in and starts arguing with me that the room can easily hold 23 people in a U-shape. He says to put 3 people at a table. I told him you can't fit 3 chairs under the table, so basically he wanted the people to be sitting on top of each other for an 8 hour training class. After several minutes of telling him that I didn't want to argue with him, that everything was fine now and to please leave me alone so I can set this stuff up, he starts telling me his sob story about how he came back in from home to make sure everything was ok. Well, lucky for him he has been home. I was losing my patience with him and kind of waved him off. Extremely rude but at that point, I just had it. The next two hours was spent setting up the computers and the printers and he was being nicer so I had to be nice back. Damn it! LOL.

The fact of the matter is I think I was just pissed off because of all the time I wasted there I wasn't going to be able to get to the gym. I didn't get home until 8:30 tonight and hadn't even eaten dinner. Tomorrow is going to be another long day so I don't think I will be able to get to the gym tomorrow either and it's really making me cranky *sigh.

K, I am done venting now :).

3 comments:

Hanlie said...

I was in the hotel industry for years and I'm appalled at that manager's attitude. He shouldn't complain to your if his staff are unable to function without him! He should train his staff!

I hope you have a great conference, and when you come home, do a quick meditation (they have some great ones on YouTube).

I'm doing a post about parasites today, so be sure to check in. And thank you for the encouragement!

RunningNan said...

I've got some catching up to do. I didn't get to read this post yet, I'm exhausted. Looking forward to playing catch up this weekend!

Cammy said...

I feel your pain. I teach corporate classes, too, and they require so much work! It will be over soon, and I command that you give yourself I nice reward for getting through it.