Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Feeling good..

I am feeling good. I am feeling confident. Even though I haven't lost a bunch of weight yet and I am not seeing any major changes yet, I am feeling a change in my thinking. I went to the gym yesterday and for crying out loud I forgot socks. Yes, I am one of those that finds it just absolutely disgusting and gross to wear my shoes without socks (unless of course they are sandals). I put my shoes on anyway. I knew if I went home to get socks, I would stay home because that's easy. I don't know what it is this time around but I know that this time is the time I am going to succeed. I really don't care why my head is there, but just glad it is finally in the right place. Maybe it's the fact that I am getting older. Maybe it's the fact that in 3 more years will mark the age that my father died (39). I am not ready to die yet...hell, I haven't begun to live yet! So whatever it is, I don't care...I am just glad I am there.

So back to the gym... as much as that bike seat hurts my ass, I get a great workout. I sweat. I hate to sweat but I sweat and love it. Does that make any sense? hehe. Everytime I leave the gym I feel a sense of accomplishment. I feel guilty when I don't go. I feel better mentally. I sleep better. It is a win-win situation. How can we hate it so much when we feel so much better? My confidence level has increased dramatically. I might have to keep that in check when I am a hot looking 165 lber :). I will worry about it when I get there.

I keep a calendar at home on my frig just to keep track of my progress. What exercise I did, for how long, how far, etc. and I put a star across the top for every pound I have lost....what a motivator for me when I see 12 stars across the top.

I have rambled on enough but just wanted to say thank you to all you other bloggers out there for being supportive.

7 comments:

Felicia said...

I think you are doing amazing!! 3/4 of the battle is mental. When we mentally feel good all the rest just kind of falls into place. Congrats on working out even without socks ( have to agree with you though , ew on no sock with shoes). That was a huge thing all in itself for just going ahead and doing it anyways.

Keep up the inspiring work!!
You are doing it!!
Have a SUPER day!
*huggles*
=0)

Ready to Shrink said...

I love this post! Your attitude rocks! I am totally jazzed to go eat my healthy lunch and fuel up for the gym tonight (I HATE SWEATING, but I totally feel what you are saying about the gym and sweating--I feel the same way).

RunningNan said...

I love your attitude! Maybe we should all hide an extra package of socks in the car for days like this!

Heather said...

hey a change in thinking is often the most important change! sure we like to get to lower weights and look better in clothes, but none of that really matters if we keep our old habits and ways of thinking that got us overweight in the first place. so I think its great!

Hanlie said...

You're doing great! Our bodies are designed for activity!

Lora said...

Sweating is good! It tells you that you did something! Too bad it stinks!

MB said...

Great job! I'm glad you found that switch. Losing weight and getting healthy is a state of mind.

I don't know why I let myself binge and regain weight when it feels so good eating right and working out. I think my switch is broken.

Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration.