Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Challenges

What motivates you? Money? Prizes?



Manuela mentioned that we need another challenge for May and asked me if I was interested in joining. Absolutely! Challenges motivate me. I posted in her comments about having our own "Biggest Loser" with money prizes. Would anyone be interested?

Here is what is brewing in my head (yes, that is where the smoke is coming from)...

Anyone that wants to participate has to pay an entry fee, probably $5. Something small, that isn't going to break the bank. There could be two overseers of the money so there won't be any question of someone skipping town :). My thoughts are to offer the top 3 losers the cashola (of course this might have to depend on how many entrants) based on percentage of weight loss. Pounds isn't fair for anyone. Of course, this would have to be on the honor system. Oh, almost forgot time...how long of a challenge? I am kinda thinking 6 weeks.

So, let's say we have 30 participants. That would be $150. 1st place could be $75, 2nd $50 and 3rd $25.

Thoughts? Comments? This is horrible idea? This is a great idea?

7 comments:

Manuela said...

Interesting idea. I would definitely consider it if we came up with a good way to figure out the "biggest loser" (of course as you already suggested, some of us have more/less to lose than others).

Would you set it up? If Diana is interested, I'd even consider her and yourself as overseers since you're both in Florida.

6 weeks is good. As soon as we got the people together we could choose a start date.

Keep me notified.

Ready to Shrink said...

I think I could be in on this. Keep me updated :)

Scale Junkie said...

I think this would be a great idea as long as everyone plays fair. I'd be happy to promote it, even make a graphic for it but I honestly don't have time to organize it and run it. I'm working on a project for summer that I think will be a lot of fun too so this might be a great way to get everyone excited about losing all summer long. Email me if you need help.

RunningNan said...

hey... my thing didn't post again. I'm interested!

Brittany said...

I'd be interested

Manuela said...

I'd be up for a virtual walk. Maybe money doesn't have to be involved. Just getting it and healthy is enough incentive for me.

We could get up to 10 people maybe?

40 by 40 said...

I am always up to join a challenge..I need all the motivation I can get.