Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm Back!!!

I couldn't be happier being back. If I have to get on another plane any time in the near future for work, I am going to poke my eyes out with something sharp. This last trip was painful. I believe I got food poisoning the first day I was there because I spent the next three days very close to a bathroom and wishing I would die. I am feeling much better now! *big smile



I did get on the scale this morning and not totally horrible. Wow, I just looked at what my last recorded weight was. It was 280 and my weigh-in was 279.4. Obviously, not a huge loss but being out of town for basically 3 weeks out of the month, I consider to be pretty damn good.

So, here I am ready to get back into my routine. I am making up a shopping list today to get to the grocery store because if I don't plan my meals, I will fail. That saying "those who fail to plan, plan to fail" fits perfectly in this situation. My plan was also to restart my gym routine today but not sure I can do it. I haven't slept well the past few nights and quite frankly am exhausted. I had a hard time staying awake today to drive to work. It might be all the energy I can muster to get to the grocery store (which by the way I dread more than anything).

So, I am back...full speed ahead (well, maybe today it's not full speed but I am going forward). I will visit all of you hopefully today, hope everyone has been well!

9 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

I'm glad you're back! Congrats on the loss!

I hope you get some rest. :)

Lora said...

Down is down right! Even half a pound :-)

Hanlie said...

Full speed is overrated anyway! Well done on the loss!

Manuela said...

Welcome back girlfriend!

Totally join me, Susie and Erin on the weigh down this month. The goal is 10 (wow, can't believe I put that in print) but ANYTHING is good.

Congrats on being down after being gone from home. It is so hard to maintain but you did it.

If I were you, I wouldn't do anything too strenuous until you're back in the groove of things at home.

Again, glad you're back and yippee for spring!

Take One Pole said...

Lol ... I was just at Manuela's place and saw your comment about being challenged to lose the 10 pounds and was coming over here to triple dog dare you. :) She beat me to it! Join in!

Heather said...

that is a great loss, you should be pleased that you could break up your routine and still see a loss.

Cammy said...

Yaay, you're back!

Way to keep it in check while you were gone. You'll be back on track, fully, in no time. (but don't rush yourself!*G*)

Lynn said...

I think you did a great job, with a loss during such hectic and stressful times! Bravo!

RunningNan said...

Take the day off from the gym and get some rest. There's no sense in pushing yourself if you are exhausted. Great job on the loss! Glad you are back!