Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Instant Gratification

Well, as you can see I changed my layout a bit, the header will be me at 165. Of course I won't be green or purple but you get the idea :). I couldn't handle the flower anymore.

Update to weekend's boo boo: He is still talking to me so I guess that's a good sign. He seems a bit distant but he gets like that on occasion when he has a lot of things going on. A comment yesterday about not waiting forever made me think of today's topic...instant gratification.

We always seem to be looking for instant gratification: in relationships, in our jobs, in our weight loss efforts. When are we going to learn that slow and steady wins the race? I have always been one that wanted instant gratification in my life, obviously that hasn't worked out for me in the past. So, my goal is to keep this in mind everytime I get in a hurry, am disappointed with a .5 loss or have a bad eating choice day.

Goals for remainder of month
  • Stay within my point range
  • Drink my water
  • Eat more vegetables
  • Go to the gym at least 3x a week
  • Stay positive
  • Show a loss on the scale

5 comments:

Felicia said...

Looks GREAT in here. Best wishes to you on reaching all your goals this month. YOU CAN DO IT!!

*huggles*
=0)

Manuela said...

You're so right about instant gratification. I think about the weight I need to lose and wish it would come off right away but then I remind myself that it didn't get there overnight either.

Like the new layout but miss your pretty, smiling face :)

Hanlie said...

Very nice layout, but as Manuela said, I miss the picture!

Great goals! Go for it!

Cammy said...

Love the graphic!

I wish you great success on reaching your goals. They're completely do-able and I know you have success in your future. Just not right this instant. :)

RunningNan said...

I love the new lay out. I need one, but I'm scared because I'm not sure how to do it! Anyway, I'm with you on the instant gratification. I've been working on changing that slowly but surely. One day!