Thursday, April 17, 2008

Workout Music


"Music enhances a workout, it makes you work harder without realizing it, and it makes the workout go by faster," says fitness expert Petra Kolber, a spokesperson for the IDEA Health and Fitness Association. "Music takes exercise from just being exercise to being an experience."

"Whether it's classical, rock 'n' roll, heavy metal or rap, if someone enjoys a particular type of music, it can be very motivating to help them get through a workout," Alan says. "It can help the time go by faster and it can reduce the perceived intensity or exertion."


I have found that the music on my MP3 player has a direct correlation with my workout. Maybe that explains why I have not been motivated to get my butt to the gym since I have been back in town *sigh. I digress (I do that a lot). I haven't changed the music on my MP3 player in quite awhile. I need new music. I need new, upbeat, bass filled music. You know the kind. The kind that makes you want to move, the kind that no matter how hard you try you can't sit still.

So, here's your homework assignment today. I want to know what songs are in your playlist...but I only want the songs that really give you the motivation to get up and go.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Ok, hang on, need to plug my iPod in... here we go...

32 flavors, Alanah Davis
Sex and Candy Marcy Playground
Play that Funky Music Wild Cherry
Sugar We're Going Down Fallout Boy
U Can't Touch This MC Hammer
Doctor to my Disease Jethro Tull
Blinded by the Light Manfred Mann
Solid Blue Lucky Town
Rock You Like a Hurricane Scorpions
I Can Sleep When I'm Dead Warren Zevon
Jump N' Move Jamalski
Temperature Sean Paul
My Turn Train Henry Lee Summers
This is Your Life Tyler Durden
Terere Obande Jerry Goldsmith
Holding out for a Hero Bonnie Tyler
Here Comes Trouble Cowboy Mouth
Birdhouse in your Soul They Might Be Giants
It's a Great Day to Be Alive Pat Green
Boat Drinks Jimmy Buffet
X Gonna Give it To Ya DMX
Instant Pleasure Rufus Wainright
Playing with the Queen of Hearts Juice Newton
Walk Around in Circles Soul Coughing
Landslide Fleetwood Mac
Teenage Immigrant Welfare Mothers on Drugs Austin Lounge Lizards
Gimme Three Steps Lynard Skynard
King of all of the World Old 97s
Here Comes the Snake Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Vajara On Zenki

Ok, that's not ALL that's on my iPod, but it's a good selection...

I'm a HUGE music fan, I have almost 7,000 songs in my iTunes library... If you're interested, I can give you my entire playlist entitled "I'm too Sexy for this Playlist" which is a lot of fast-moving songs about... well, getting freaky ;-) It's a fun list, tends to have a strong backbeat, and I would recommend it for riding a stationary, or walking/running.

Lynn said...

(Ps, I'm on the Area 52 Server)

RunningNan said...

I'm constantly working on adding music to my iTunes... I just love fun fast beat music that gets you moving.. I can't run with out music! I'll take anything, doesn't even matter... When I'm a moody runner, it's Pink Floyd, when I'm ready to roll, it's anything fast tempo and up beat!