Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I have been weighing myself wrong and a new DVD

Now, I know why I am having problems. I have been weighing myself wrong!



















This DVD is also a new addition to my exercise tapes. I have had a hard time in the past sticking to my exercise tapes. Let's see, I have Richard Simmons- Dancing to the Oldies, Tae Bo DVD set, Walking Away the Pounds, a bunch of aerobics tapes, HIP HOP exercise, Abs of Steel and the list goes on and on.

I saw the tape advertised on TV. Yes, call me a sucker. Some of those "As Seen on TV" ads are very convincing. However, I don't ever pay the "as seen on TV" price, I searched for it on Ebay and saved about $10.

I tried it last night. I didn't finish it. It would be a lot of fun if I could get the steps down. I wonder how long it took the girls on the tape to get the moves down. I really wish there was information on the pamphlet with a timeline of how long I can expect it will take me to learn it. 5 minutes - for really coordinated, 10 minutes - for somewhat coordinated, 15 min - there's still hope to be coordinated or two months for klutzes. I would fit in the last category, I think. Even though I didn't finish the tape, I think it will be a lot of fun once I can get the moves down a bit better. I really wish the Y would start some salsa classes. That is one class I think I would enjoy.

6 comments:

Manuela said...

I've never really enjoyed doing tapes but I really like the Crunch Pilates series with Ellen Barrett. The steps are easy to learn and I really saw results after a month or so.

Love the cartoon!

Scale Junkie said...

I admire you for wanting to learn and for wanting to take a class in public. I'm SO uncoordinated, WATP is about all I can manage. I've thought about joining the Y but worried it would be a bunch of Barbie Moms during the day.

Cammy said...

I'm a klutz, too! So what, as long as we're moving!

TB--Milwaukee said...

I always step on the scale all different ways~~feet to the side, feet way up near the numbers, standing on tip-toes, etc.

It's just a mind-game. I have never tried lying on the floor and putting it on my feet that way though.

I've been checking your blog out, thanks for posting it on GOAD.

Crystal said...

I too have the Tae Bo dvd and the Buns of Steel. I think I've done each one of them about 3 times. Hope you fare better with this dvd...you'll get those steps down, just keep practicing!

JourneyGirl said...

I am a total exercise video collector myself. Now that I've started walking and running outside I'm finding that videos don't cut it for me any more. I love getting out now and find having to stand in front of my TV so restrictive. But they are nice to have around for rainy days.

I just found your blog and am really enjoying it. Keep up the great work!