Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Not Happy...

...with my scale. I told you on Monday that my scale and I had a little chat with an understanding. So far this week it is not living up to its end of the agreement. In fact, it is going up. I know, I know I shouldn't be checking the scale more than once a week but I like to see where I stand, it keeps me focused. I have been very good this week. I have stayed within my points range, I have been drinking my water and I have been moving. So it better get its act together and start holding up its end of the bargain.

Monday night I really wanted to ride my bike but my bike has had flat tires for some time. I had bought a bike pump a few months ago for this reason. I can't find it. I cleaned my garage a couple of months ago and everything has its place and still no bike pump. I am not happy about it. I spent another 10 minutes looking for it last night and still nothing. *sigh. I guess I will have to go back to the store and get another one.

Then, in other news my mom has to go back to the doctor. They found a spot on one of her lungs. Now, my mom has never smoked a day in her life so am hoping it is just some old scar tissue. I will hopefully know more tomorrow. I am trying not to stress over it because there is nothing I can do about it anyway. It is what it is, but still so hard to not dwell on it.

12 comments:

goodbyetoallfat said...

Hi Thinking Thin. Thanks for your comment on my blogette today.

If you are based in the US it is unlikely that you would have heard of Rosemary Conley. She is a very much UK based diet guru (probably in the way that many English people may not have heard of Jenny Craig).

I shouldn't really say that her system is hugely better than any others, it just seems to suit me and the one advantage I find is that all her Diet club classes are actually Diet AND Exercise classes, which have a weigh in and then 45 minutes of aerobics.

(It's up to the members whether they then go and do a bit more exercise during the rest of the week.)

Good luck on getting your scale to go in the right direction again (DON'T weigh every day! -- aaah, I see you know that already!)

Best wishes,
Sharon

Lora said...

I hope all goes well with yur mom! I'll say a prayer for her.
And I liked your memoir (second try that is!!)

Manuela said...

I'm the same way--I tell myself not to step on that "thing" and yet I do! I never had a scale the first time I did WW but everything changes :)

I really wish the best for your mother. It's always scary but you can't let yourself stress about it and just hope for the best. I'll be thinking good thoughts!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

You're challenging me to do an hour of exercise tonight? IT'S ON!

Felicia said...

*grin* Ya ever think your tire pump is trying to tell you something? Ok maybe not but would be a fun excuse wouldn't it lol.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Will send positive thoughts her way!

Hope you have a good day!
*huggles*
=0)

dadivastreet said...

Thanks for visiting my Blog! I've had that chat with the scale many times! Hope all is well with your mom.

MaryFran said...

I'm having those same feelings toward my scale. I just promised myself yesterday that I would NOT weigh myself for a few days. What did I do this morning? Weigh myself! Vicious addicting thing that scale is!

Scale Junkie said...

I hope the spot turns out to be nothing serious.

The scale stinks but I'm really hating this air quality right now, I can't stand to be outside without my lungs hurting, my head pounding and wanting to itch my eyes out. Bring on November.

We should have a scale burning party haha

Big Girl said...

Sending only good thoughts your way about your mom.

Let's both throw out the scales!

Thinking Thin said...

I cannot throw out my scale. No can do. I just need to be more friendly with it :)

ScaleJunkie, I am so ready for November already too. Today is absolutely miserable out there and it's not even summer yet.

Crystal said...

The scale always seems to break it's agreements, not fair! Hope the next weigh-in is a better one.

Sending you good wishes for your mom, hope everything turns out fine. Try to be positive!

Heather said...

I hear you about the scale...it doesnt seem to be cooperating with me lately either. I hope things with your mom are ok.