Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm so Excited

I'm so excited! It's almost time for our Summer Blog Party to start. Diana has spent her free time coordinating a summer long party for us bloggers. You don't know what this party is about? Well let me tell you. A bunch of us, more than I even imagined, are having challenges of some sort, including me and giving away some awesome prizes! Everyone should go over to her blog and thank her for all her effort. Get back here, not yet...read my post, first!

So all of this excitement starts Monday, don't forget!

If you don't know what the Bloggers' Biggest Loser Challenge is, read more here. In a nutshell, lose weight and you could win a prize! The challenge will go all summer long and the person that loses the largest percentage of weight wins. I have already had a few sign ups, which I will be listing Monday. The sign-up information is available on the original post and I will be posting all the information again on Sunday/Monday.

***********************************************************************************

In other news, my mom went to the doctor yesterday and they found a spot on her liver too. I am starting to get a little concerned. I am trying hard not to think about it, it could very well be nothing. She has been healthy all my life and I can't remember her ever being sick other than minor colds. She doesn't go back to the doctor until next Thursday so please keep her in your prayers that it is nothing.

10 comments:

admin said...

I'm a new reader and I have to say I love your blog!! I wish that I had a blogging community to support me when I was first loosing weight! Granted, I'm a dancer and lost 25 lb. not 100 lb, but no matter what you have to loose it's the lifestyle change and the mindset that will really get you through. It's possible if you say it is! Thanks for sharing!

-Lauren
http://YourZenBody.com

Manuela said...

Prayers for you and your mom. I know from personal experience how scary it can be but stay positive.

"See you Monday!"

Scale Junkie said...

Sending good thoughts for your Mom, so now she has a spot on her liver too? Did her lungs check out?

Glad to hear you've already had a few sign ups from people who are ready for a good challenge!

MaryFran said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your mom!

I'm definitely IN for the biggest blog loser! Thanks for organizing it for us!

Cammy said...

You and your mom will continue to be in my prayers. Spots are always scary things, but so many times they turn out to be...just spots.

goodbyetoallfat said...

Hope you get good news about your Mom. Obviously as a UK blogger I won't be able to join your Summer Blog party, but look forward to reading about it.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Linda said...

Hi,
I noticed you visited my blog and I just HAD to check your blog out AND I LIKE IT!! FAB!! You are very inspiringI will be back DAILY.

I hope all is well with your mam!!

Hugs x

Thin_Waist_Small_Frame said...

Great Blog and Congrats On your Weight Loss!!!

Jamie said...

I found your blog on the Healthy You Challenge site and thought I would drop by and say "hi" and that I joined that challenge AND your challenge. I also wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope things turn out alright.

Jamie

kikimonster said...

Sounds like you're scared of the elliptical like I was scared of the stairmaster. Try it out with no resistance and see how it goes. The elliptical is actually supposed to be easier on your knees than the treadmill... so don't be that scared of it :)