Monday, May 19, 2008

It's Monday already?

I don't even know where to start today. It's Monday, I guess I don't have to function well. I gained this week but considering I normally gain that one dreadful week of the month, it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. I keep playing with the same few pounds. This changes this week. I am no longer going to accept 277, 278, etc. This week, I am going down to 275 at least. No exceptions. I had a talk with the scale and my body this morning. We have an understanding. I made it very clear that we are not going to play with those few pounds anymore. It stops now.

It was kind of a downer weekend for me. I really only get to spend time with F one day a week and that is normally Saturdays. He started up some classes again at the college and had been a little late in getting his books and so was already a week behind in his classes. We spent about an hour together on Saturday before I reluctantly went home so he could study.

Then, I spent 3 hours trying to fix my #*%&! toilet. Part of my problem was when I was trying to remove its innards, I was screwing instead of unscrewing. Uh duh! So, when I realized what I was doing I tried unscrewing...hmm, still not working. At this point, I just want to rip the toilet out of the bloody floor. Breathe! Another duh moment! The nut to loosen is on the outside of the toilet. OK, now we are making progress. I replace it with the new one, put the supply tube back in, turn the water back on and you thought it was fixed? NO! I have water gushing out of the toilet from beneath. *sigh It's leaking from the supply tube and from the bottom of the tank. I am beginning to think an outhouse in the backyard is starting to sound like a good idea. Ok, breathe! I take it back apart and put it back together again, pray and turn the water back on. Yes, it's not leaking! I am watching the water rise in the tank and waiting for it to stop, it doesn't stop. *sigh again. This is the problem I had before replacing the innards, it never stopped. I am bending the rod that the floaty thing is on, still running. I bend it some more, it breaks. I call F. He thinks I am being moody. No, I am not #*$&(% moody, I am frustrated honey. He said he would come look at it but it couldn't be tonight. Anyone that knows me knows that I won't wait. I will keep messing with it and either break it totally or fix it. I get another toilet repair kit (because they don't sell just the stinking rods) and this time bend it near the pvc thingy and turn the water back on. Please, please stop when you're suppose to. God, please make the water stop where it is supposed to. It really is in the best interest of my sanity to make it stop. The water stops! Yay, my prayers have been answered. Now, if only all the other ones that really, really mattered could be answered. So now I am a master plumber or at least an expert on toilets.

Sunday, I took my dog to the dog beach. It was my first and his first visit. It was great. We were only there about an hour which was plenty of time because he was done. The heat gives me migraines and I was starting to feel it. There is a 6ft leash requirement. I brought it but I also brought my horse's lunge line :). It is much longer. I had complete control at all times though so there was no worries about him bothering anyone else or anyone else bothering him. He wasn't afraid of the waves at all. He just walked right in swam out about 10 ft, then would turn around and come back in and do it all over again.

So that is pretty much the excitement of my weekend. Today is a new week. I have my breakfast sandwich that I made at home instead of grabbing one at 7-11. I have my gym clothes. I received my green tea in the mail over the weekend. So, I am ready for the week. I am going to get past this place I have stayed in for months.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Big Girl said...

Hi there...not sure how I found your blog but it's fun reading.=) I'm following your lead and I think I should have a talk with my scale as well since nothing else seems to be working of late. Good luck!

Scale Junkie said...

I feel your plumbing pains. I spent forever trying to fix something and Ken came home and did it in a minute but like you, I'm a want it done NOW person. Don't try to fix that drip in the tub, just call a plumber because 10 trips to Home Depot and $300 later that damn thing still drips. Old $#%&@!# houses!

Hopefully F will have more time next weekend. What kind of dog do you have? A 6' leash isn't very fun, we go down to the little beach in the nature park and yes there is a leash law but we still take their leashes off and let them swim. Its usually pretty empty, the only drawback is its 1/2 mile back to the water and you end up caked in dust and dirt. We've never been to dog beach, mine don't always play well with others.

goodbyetoallfat said...

"We have an understanding. I made it very clear that we are not going to play with those few pounds anymore. It stops now.

LOL! ROFLMAO!

Hope I find a similarly friendly scale and friendly mirror who will play along with me and always show what I want!

Cammy said...

Good luck with your plan! It's very clear You Mean Business! I know you'll see success!

Crystal said...

Here's to a better rest of the week. I think you know what you need to do and you can accomplish it. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Hanlie said...

It's always so rewarding when you manage to figure something out yourself, isn't it?

Do you feel stuck in any particular area of your life right now? Just saying you may want to think about that in relation to your scale woes...