Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life is Wonderful!

It is a good day. In fact it is a wonderful day. It's been a pretty rough week. However, I have stayed on program, well for the most part. I have been bad about my water but as far as eating, I have been on program. I didn't exercise yesterday but I have somewhat of a good excuse. It was F's birthday yesterday. Normally I don't see him during the week because of his schedule but he has had a pretty rough week at work. He texted me a few messages that put my mind at ease about a lot of things and he told me he wished I was there. I brushed my hair, checked to make sure I didn't look hideous, hopped in my car and drove to his apt as quickly as possible. It takes about 20-25 minutes to get there depending on the traffic. Isn't that horrible, he is probably only like 10 miles away. Anyway, I digress. I drove there to spend about 30 minutes with him before he had to go. What can I say other than I am crazy about that man? Normally, I wouldn't do something like that but it was his birthday, he has been having a bad week, I have been having a bad week and ok, ok I admit it I just wanted to see him :). He is coming to my mom's Memorial weekend for a BBQ...yay! Meeting my parents isn't a sign of wedding bells where it is with some, so not a real huge deal but I am anxious for them to meet him.

Oh, I have to tell you I made this fabulous dinner last night and it was extremely simple, quick and nutritious. The best thing is if you are on WW, you can make it for about 3 points!!!

Here it is:

2 green pepper, cut up
1 onion, cut up
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans

I sauteed the green pepper and onion in olive oil but if you want to keep the fat/points down, use olive oil spray. I didn't think about it at the time. Then, I added the corn and black beans. I bought tortillas that are 81 calories each with .7 g of fat and 2g of fiber (each). I made quesadillas out of it. It worked fairly well but it would have been better with some low fat cheese to hold it all together. I estimated that it made about 6 servings. Without the olive oil, it would have only been 3 pts for a serving and that includes the two tortillas!!!

Don't forget to check out my challenge and sign up! It starts Memorial Day.


Oh, and one more thing. Here is a little video for my core exerciser.


7 comments:

Cammy said...

Aww, I'm so glad you're having such a great day! Here's hoping you can chain a bunch of them together! :)

Pokey said...

YUMMMM!! That dinner sounds great....I have to give it a try!

Keep up the good work on your weight loss journey!! ;)

RunningNan said...

I think the great day thing is contagious. I'm having an absolutely fantastic day!

RunningNan said...

oops.. forgot the rest... I am glad to hear that you are having a great day too!

RunningNan said...

ok.. I added a link to one. It's a device that you put the back wheel on, and it provides resistance.. Basically, it would turn it into a stationary bike.

Crystal said...

Glad you're having a great day. Hope tomorrow is another good one cuz life is freaking wonderful!

40 by 40 said...

HOW FUN..you and F! I am sure it was a great 30 minutes together! I am in on the challenge..LOVE THAT BADGE YOU MADE!!! I will sign up properly over the weekend..just been to busy to do blog stuff :(
Sounds like a great 3 pt meal..I will have to remember it!
Did you join the woman challenge? Not totally sure how it all works..but I do enter my steps daily and it keeps me reaching for the big 10K steps daily. Glad you had a great day..mine..not so great..but tomorrow is a new day :)