Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend and WOW



Wow, I can't believe the number of people that have signed up for my challenge! I hope we all do fabulous! Now, it appears that I am going to have to hunt down a couple of you to get your starting weights. I will only hunt you down the first week. After that, you guys are on your own. :) For those of you just stopping by, there is still time to sign up. Just click on the picture to the left to read the details/rules. Sign up ends June 16th.
For those of you that have already joined, please check to make sure your name made it to the list. I want to make sure I didn't miss any emails/comments.
May the biggest loser win, you bunch of losers :P
Oh BTW, Fluffy Girl I can't comment on any of your posts :(.
***************************************************************************************

Onto other news...
My 4-day weekend felt like 1 day. Where did the other 3 days go? I did get to see F, 3 out of those 4 days even though one day it was for literally 5 minutes. That's a huge thing to see him that much because I usually only see him one day a week.

He went with me to my parents' house for a cookout Sunday and met my parents for the first time. My step father, who tends to embarass me, by telling all the old teenage stories, etc was actually on good behavior. He didn't tell of the time my stepsister and I went to the mall with $10 to buy some speaker wire and came home with no money and told him it was that expensive (20 + years ago). He didn't tell of the time that we were boiling chicken and when he came home there was barely any meat, the chicken had shrunk to a peasant nor did he tell of the time we made rice pudding and mistakenly put salt instead of sugar or the biscuits and gravy which was more like biscuits and wallpaper paste. There are so many worse stories..am sure those will come out in time if F sticks around.

Even Fr and L, who are friends of my parents were on their best behavior. When I say their best, that doesn't mean parochial school best behavior, just their best :). Fr is a troublemaker. He is about 75 years old but you wouldn't know it, because he is as wiry as they come. He is also quite the pervert, but not in a creepy way. He must not have felt well because not one smart remark came out of his mouth. Highly unusual!

I think F had a good time. My parents did ask him if they scared him away and he said no. Of course, my stepfather did tell him he can come back anytime and he doesn't even need to bring me.


Anyway, I better get started on getting caught up with all of your blogs, and find out what challenges I am joining :).

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I'd like to join! As of Monday, I'm 201.6.

Lovebug6100 said...

Hi!!! I got my calendar at Target but it was many many months ago. You can probably still get on there or Walmart or Staples....it's just a desk top calendar....I wish I was still using it but I'm getting back into it soon!

dadivastreet said...

It sounds like F had a good time! Parents & their memories! I think they store them up just for moments like meeting you new friends! LOL! Have a great week!

Crystal said...

I know! Where did the weekend go? I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already. No wonder I'm so tired.

goodbyetoallfat said...

Glad to hear you had such a good weekend.

I'm not immediately signing up for your challenge simply because the times that I am online are a bit erratic and often limited, so I hesitate to sign myself up to things that I might not always be able to participate in fully and report back to at the right time.