Sunday, May 4, 2008

Prayers Needed

My mom will be 62 this year and let me tell you something about my mother. She has more guts than anyone I have ever met. I am a chicken shit in comparison. We have been into horses for a long time and she has since she was a kid. These days she team pens with them (chases cows, basically), shoots gun off their back and does obstacle courses. One of her horses tends to be somewhat dangerous when she gets into situations she doesn't want to do. My mom used to team pen with her until she started rearing up. Not just a little bit, but we are talking Trigger.

Yesterday, she took this horse to an obstacle course. She reared up. My mom didn't stay on this time. She fell off and hit her head. She is currently in the trauma unit at the hospital. She was unconscious for a short time but is apparently speaking now but doesn't know where she is or how she got there. She can move her arms and legs. She didn't want them to call me because of the concert I was going to with F. I talked to her and she told me to go and didn't want me to worry about her. Yeah ok.

I had a wonderful evening with F and I think our relationship moved to the next level. Of course, this is all dampered by the fact that my mother is in the hospital.

If I am not around for a couple of days, you will know why. So please keep her in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

8 comments:

Cammy said...

You and your mom are definitely in my prayers!

Crystal said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your mom. Hope she is doing okay and everything turns out well.

RunningNan said...

Sending tons of good thoughts your way. Even sending tons of big puppy kisses too!

I hope everything is ok.

Manuela said...

thinking of you and wishing your mom all the best.

Hanlie said...

Thinking of you both!

Scale Junkie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, I'm sending good thoughts your way. If you need anything just let me know.

tru2me said...

Definitely in my prayers!

betsy said...

I will be praying for your mom... take care of yourself during this tough time...