Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thank you

I want to thank all of you for your well wishes. My mother is doing fine and is home. In fact, she is feeling better each day. The best part is there is no permanent injury (at least according to ct-scans and x-rays). My mom is one tough cookie, let me tell ya. Friday nights she has a team penning competition. She has already told them not to count her out. She is ready to get back in the saddle *sigh. I really wish she would let herself heal a bit more but she is stubborn, pig headed and will do what she damn well pleases. It's what she loves doing and it keeps her young so who am I to disagree.

But again, I wanted to thank you for all the well wishes and prayers.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

I was wearing the pedometer and was averaging about 4000 steps a day, those days where no exercise enters the picture. Near the end of the week I took it off and I haven't put it back on. With everything going on, I haven't been watching what I eat so today is a new day.

I have a WW blueberry muffin and a banana for breakfast. I'm breaking the habit of picking up a croissant at the 7-11 when I get coffee. :)

More importantly, after reading some of the usual blogs, I came across the post from Scale Junkie. She is having a drawing for a brand new bike, courtesy of Lipton! Woo hoo! I want it! I want it! I am not going to go into all the details here. You will just have to check it out yourself! Click here NOW.

7 comments:

RunningNan said...

That's a great habit to break! I'm happy to hear that your mom is doing much better!

Manuela said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is okay. I doubt that I'd be watching what I eat or exercising if I had to worry about a family member.

Hope the rest of the week goes well!

Cammy said...

Good for you for breaking that nasty croissant habit. :)

Glad your mother is feeling better. She sounds like quite a woman!

Scale Junkie said...

So glad to hear your Mom is going to be ok. Great job breaking the croissant habit!!

Crystal said...

So glad to hear that your mom is doing better! She sounds as stubborn as my mom would be in that situation..ready to jump right back in the saddle and pick up where they left off. Mothers are truly inspirational.

Felicia said...

Glad to read your Mom is doing better!! Great job on all the steps and breaking a tough habit!!

*huggles*
=0)

betsy said...

I'm so happy to hear your mom is at home. Tell her good luck in her penning thing! :-)

What a woman!