Monday, May 12, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm

Our bodies are strange contraptions. I lost about 4 pounds. I didn't deserve to lose it based on my effort, that's for sure.

As I have mentioned, I have been struggling with my head being in the right place and the energy to go exercise. I did nothing this past week that warranted a weight loss. I didn't drink my water. I didn't measure my food. I have been exhausted and was craving red meat so I even had a few cheeseburgers last week (that's odd for me). I had popcorn at the movies yesterday with butter!

I am surprised with the weight loss but I will take it :). Last night, I went to the store and bought me a bunch of fruit and made some breakfast sandwiches for the rest of the week. I am ready to go! So maybe my body was just being nice to me on the scale this morning to give me that extra mental boost that I needed.

And Happy Belated Mommy's Day to everyone!

5 comments:

Cammy said...

Oh yeah, take the great loss and keep moving. :) Congrats!

RunningNan said...

I'll take it! I'm playing with the same 3 pounds over and over.

Manuela said...

Oh, I wish! I'm down 1.5 for the third time! I'm doing everything right which is a good thing but it's going so slowly. I know that I need to be patient but sometimes...

Crystal said...

I always tend to lose weight when I haven't exercised for a few days and then the scale doesn't budge when I actually work my butt off. Go figure!

Good job with the 4 pounds ;)

Scale Junkie said...

YAY for a great loss!! I think it has to do with the calorie cycling, mixing things up confuses your body. Whatever the reason...CONGRATS!!