Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yay, day #1 complete

Yesterday was a good day. I stuck to my plan and went to the gym so I get two smiley faces.

I am still so tired, it might be time to check my thyroid levels again. My meds just keep on getting increased everytime I have it checked. The last couple of days my body has been so achy, am wondering if my Lupus is starting to flare up *sigh. Even though, I really would just rather sleep right now, I did get a decent workout last night. I didn't spend an hour like I used to but I need to work back up to it. It was quite a feat in itself to get my butt there considering how tired I have been.

Exercise log:

20 minutes treadmill @ 3mph
10 minutes bike for 2.2 miles

I have a plumber coming today so am hoping after he leaves I will have the energy to head up to the gym but usually once I am home, it is hard to get out (especially with gas prices). If I don't go to the gym I am going to take my dog for a walk to get some activity. I have decided that I must get at least 30 minutes a day, regardless of how I do it...whether it be cleaning the house, weeding, washing the car, walking or whatever. Obviously, I should do the walking on top of the cleaning or other task that I may have, but baby steps.

8 comments:

RunningNan said...

Washing the car is on my list of things to do this weekend. It's completely filthy! How far is the gym?

Thinking Thin said...

The gym is maybe 5 miles? Not sure, maybe I should check it sometime. No, I am not running there :P (at least not yet)

Manuela said...

Running Nan wants to run everywhere! (she just loves those shoes of hers ;)

Ugh, I hate washing my vehicle (a minivan) I have a spider that always lives in my right side mirror so I'm constantly cleaning the webs off.

It's sunny today though so I'm gonna go outside!

Lora said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! (I've been achey lately too - was doing so well and now just to roll over in bed is a strain.)

I'd get that thyroid checked. My daughter's went WAY off track in Jan of '07 and it became very serious! Keep an eye on things!

Cammy said...

Thirty minutes of doing *something* is well worth the effort!

Hope you feel better soon!

Crystal said...

That's good to get in at least 30 minutes of some kind of exercise..and the dog will always be thankful you took him/her too!

Erin said...

I think thirty minutes is awesome! I hope you get back to feeling better!

Scale Junkie said...

30 minutes is great! mapmyrun.com is a great site, put in your zip code and you can plan a route and know the distance.