Thursday, June 26, 2008

Confessions of a Mad Dieter & Recipe Thursday

I must confess. I have not been to the gym at all this week or last week and I feel guilty about it! I have been exhausted. I don' t know if it's a mild form of depression over my personal life, my thyroid issues or I am just plain tired. The funny thing is...I know if I go to the gym I will feel better. It's hard to stay motivated when I have lost a whopping 10 lbs in 6 months (yes, I know it beats the alternative!). I keep on forgetting to measure myself. I need to do that to see if there is any improvement there. I feel like my clothes are looser but will have to do some measurements to make sure I am not hallucinating.

I know what my problem is. I am a picky eater. I get bored with the same foods over and over again. I am one of those people that eats what I am in the mood for instead of what I have in front of me. This is not good and I need to break out of this habit. I know I have said this before but it's all about planning. Fail to plan, plan to fail! I have to plan! I have to plan my meals ahead of time and stick to it. I have to plan on the gym and stick to it.

My goals for the remainder of the week:

1. Go to the gym today, tomorrow and one day over the weekend.
2. Find my book about an overweight girl that becomes a gym rat to lose weight and start reading it again. I will give you guys the name once I find it because I found it very motivational.
3. Find new recipes.

So, I need help from you guys. I am bored of the same old food. You up for a recipe swap? So, I think I am going to make Thursday the official recipe swap day. If you would like to participate, just post a recipe that you have tried and enjoyed. So here's one of my favorites!

Beef Taco Bake
1 lb. lean ground sirloin
1 - 10 ¾ oz. can tomato soup
1 cup Pace thick & chunky salsa
½ cup 1% milk
6 – 8 in. flour tortillas (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)

1. In skillet, brown beef.
2. Add soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and ½ the cheese.
3. Spoon into 2qt. shallow baking dish. Cover.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.


If you are doing WW, this is a little pt. heavy. If I remember correctly, around 9 for a small piece but you can cut down on the tortillas to reduce and use skim milk. Make sure to check the tortillas nutritional value because they vary greatly.

11 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

This is really good and fast and spicy ;)
chili coated pork tenderloin

pork tenderloin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground red pepper

let pork stand at room temp for 30 mins
spray baking pan and preheat oven to 450
combine all spices on a sheet of wax paper and roll tenderloin in it to coat
roast 25 to 30 mins depending on the size of the tenderloin
remove and let pork stand for 5 mins before slicing.
per serving 213 cal
6 g fat
36 g protein
2 g carb
1 g fibre

5 ww pts

Shanna said...

It can be so hard to get yourself back into the gym. That happens to me more times than I like to admit. Sadly, there is no magical motivational fairy to wave her wand over our rumps and make us get-up-and-go. You gotta just do it. Its gonna suck, getting ready and maybe even when you first get there. But once you start, you'll realize its not so bad. And before you know it, your into it again. Good Luck!! Have a good workout!! =)

Shanna said...

As for my recipe... just read the back of any Lean Cuisine, and there you have it!

Sorry...not a cook. But I can't wait to read everyone else's and maybe give it a shot! =)

RunningNan said...

That looks great!

ptg said...

Ditto the pp about the LC being my "recipe." LOL!

I read a book similar to the one you're talking about - except she becomes a gym rat because she's going to CA to meet a man who's seen her picture...and ends up finding out that although she likes herself skinny, she doesn't like the fake person she becomes along the way. It's by Jennifer Weiner, though God help me if I can remember the name of the book! LOL

Ready to Shrink said...

A quicker way to drop those points would be to make it with ground turkey.

Check out my new recipe blog for some easy peasy recipes:

http://readysfaverecipes.blogspot.com/

I am working on some new ones this weekend to add.

Manuela said...

Great idea about the recipe swap. I get the same way but feel that there is enough variety to keep things going for me.

Do you want to set up a separate page or should we just put the recipe in our comment to you?

Quick dessert idea:

1 mini angel food cake (I get them at any bakery here), 1 cup berries (love raspberries and can't beat them for fiber). I put a tsp. of sugar with the berries to make a syrup then slice my cake, spoon the berries and top with some whip cream (1 tbsp of the real deal or 3of the low fat). 3-4 pts.

Manuela said...

Checking in for the last time and seeing that you went to the gym.

Hurray for you! The hardest part is getting there, isn't it? Once you're there it's easy (ha ha).

Heather said...

check out the recipe section on my blog...all easy recipes that taste great. I know for me, eating different foods all the time has helped me stay intersted in food and enjoy it. I made a new meal almost every week I was losing weight.

and be happy about those 10 pounds, that is fantastic and you will add more pounds lost to that, I know it!

weelittleme said...

Oh man! We are definitely on the same page this week. Same here, I worked out once last night but nothing else this week and I'm not doing as well with food as I should. I managed to measure and I would encourage you to do it to. I don't know if I will see progress there quickly but I do hope I will see it eventually even if the scale keeps on keeping on where it is. Hang in there girl.

Shanna said...

Manuela- I have had the same idea with the angel food cake, but I vary the toppings. Sometimes I use a sugar-free chocolate pudding, or sometimes, vanilla yogurt & granola. YUmMY!!

All these recipes looke delicious!! Can't wait to try some out! Thanks everyone!