Monday, June 30, 2008

Good Morning

I am rather "chipper" this morning. I don't know why, I still had to get up at the ass crack of dawn and drag my big ol butt into work. I have coffee though, so all is well with the world.
I could be in a good mood because the month is almost over, or maybe the fact that F has contacted me twice since Saturday when I told him I wouldn't be contacting him anymore or maybe because it's the start of a new (short) week!

I didn't get a chance to weigh myself this morning so will do it tomorrow morning. Shame on me. I know, go take me about back and flog me, would ya?

As I mentioned on Thursday, I am going to start making Thursdays Recipe Thursday. So the recipes don't get lost in cyberspace, I have created another blog devoted to recipes. http://thinkingthinrecipes.blogspot.com/

So, I am going to leave you with this today...

"It's our attitude at the beginning of a difficult undertaking, which, more than anything else, will determine its successful outcome." - William James

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and the Scale Gods were kind. Don't forget to comment me with your weigh-ins.


UPDATE:

I received a comment from Manuela this morning telling me there was a surprise on her blog. I thought I would be welcomed with more beautiful pictures of flowers, and in fact, I was. However, the surprise was I got my first blog award. Manuela you made my day. Thank you! I would give the award right back to you, if it said I could in the rules :P.

Now, I need to choose 5 bloggers to award this too and this has got to be the most difficult thing to do. There are so many wonderful bloggers out there! So, seeing as I am not allowed to give it to everyone, here are the five that I am selecting.

1. Diane, Scale Junkie - for everything you do. You are the reason many of us have come into contact with each other. You are a true gem and one of these days we will drive that two miles to meet :).
2. Fat Bridesmaid - You, my dear have this ability to always put a smile on my face. I find your posts humorous and your wit so much like my own. How could I not think you're great? :)
3. Running Nan - You were one of my first commenters when I started this blog and you are such a huge inspiration. Thank you.
4. Cammy - You are a wonderful writer and also a great inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and for Makeover Mondays!
5. Chubby Chick for taking a short break from the blogosphere and found the oompph to come back. I always enjoyed your blog and felt like we had a lot in common. So welcome back!!!

I want to thank all of you for visiting me and leaving comments. To all you wonderful ladies and the occasional men that stop by (not nearly enough), thank you so much for your support, your inspiration, the kicks in the ass....

I could only choose 5 but you're ALL included. Here are the rules if you'd like to accept your award:

1. Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award (http://arteypico.blogspot.com/)

18 comments:

Manuela said...

I hope that July is a better month for you. Looks as though F just needed a bit of shaking up!

I'm down 1 lb.--yippee, I'm back in the 150's!!! But, today I got a visit from tom so wish me luck that I don't have any ugly little gains because of it!

P.S. visit my blog for a surprise today.

Thinking Thin said...

So before I visit, you are going to tell me I won the lottery?

Manuela said...

Sorry! But if I were, would you share?

Thinking Thin said...

Manuela, I will definitely share. We can take one heck of a vacation! :)

quarterlifegirl said...

Its always nice to be chipper on a monday morning! (I was...until I found out the meeting I traveled 1.5 hours for was cancelled...ARGH!!)

Anyway, weighed in this morning at 153.5 lbs, bringing me to over 10 pounds lost, and also making me the top loser at work so far!!!

(That cancelled meeting is still pissing me off though...(

ptg said...

TT - How nice to wake up CHEERFUL on a Monday morning, eh?? Your posts always make my day and I love coming here to visit.

manuela - you are a TOTAL sweetheart! What a nice surprise for TT this morning!!

quarterlifegirl - that SUCKS about the meeting. I can't believe they wouldn't let you know ahead of time!!

All those things being said - I weighed in at 194.5 - another 2lb down! WOOHOO!

Scale Junkie said...

Thank you so much for the award (and isn't Manuela just wonderful). Bringing like minded people together is something I really wanted to do with blogging. I just feel like its one little way I can make a difference in the world.

I love that you've started a recipe blog! I told Ken I was starting one just as soon as the kitchen was completed. That should be some time later this year maybe (haha) hopefully this week. It will be nice to compare notes...at least when YOU use an ingredient I know I'll be able to find it around here!

Shanna said...

"Chipper"...on a Monday??? What kind of coffee are you drinking & can I have some?? =)

To be honest, I'm kinda on the chipper side to... I am down 2 LBS which brings me to 197! Woo Hoo!!!!

RunningNan said...

My comment didn't save..

Thank you thank you! I'll work on a post for this tonight... Of course, I may have to double award people!

carla said...

email me if youd ever wanna go a GUEST CHEF post on MizFit (I cant imagine you have the time with all youre doing----but just in case)

oh and I, too, echo your love for all the bloggers you mentioned.

MizFit

Chubby Chick said...

Awww... thanks so much for the award... and the welcome back! I feel truly honored!

I can't wait to check out your recipe blog! What a great idea!

And keep up the good work. I am feeling chipper, too... and excited about all of us losing all these excess pounds and gaining a healthier and more active lifestyle! Yippee! :)

carla said...

you can email me at MizFit08@yahoo.com

skim through my Guest Chef posts if youd want...Id love you to do a stint!

MizFit

spunkysuzi said...

Unfortunately i'm up 2.2 lbs this weeks bringing me to 143.6.

Poonie said...

Hi! I only came across your blog today and read back through the last few posts. They are incredibly honest and having gone through something incredibly similar in my relationship, my sympathies are with you. Hang in there, I hope everything works out right.

Lovebug6100 said...

255.6...down 1.2.....heading in the right direction!

Cammy said...

You are one of the most generous bloggers I've ever encountered. Thank you for your kind words and beautiful gesture! I truly appreciate it.

I've been blessed to receive two of these awards, and I'm wondering if you would like to take the five recs you gave to me and award them to other bloggers. It's so hard to limit it to five, as you mentioned in your post, and I just thought you might like to add some to your list! :)

Thank you again, so very much, for your generosity today and always.

Stacy Cartwright said...

my current weight 172.6 not a great week for me. there is always next week right?

Crystal said...

Hope this new month will be better and brighter for you. Have a great week!