Thursday, June 26, 2008

I have made a decision

First, let me say I did go to the gym last night like I said I would. I saw your message Manuela, checking up on me :P. I only did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes doing weights. I was getting very light-headed and decided that it was not a good idea to continue. That is a first for me but I have had a headache for the past couple of days so am contributing it to that.

So, I have struggled with this "journey" since the beginning of the year, some of it is was my own fault, some of it is because my body is just stubborn. Last night, I made a decision. I am going back to the WW meetings. I have been only doing it online and maybe I need that extra in-person support to get me past this five pounds.

So, I found the measurements that I took January 1st. I decided that it has been 6 months, I should measure myself now. I haven't see that much difference on the scale, maybe there would be a difference in the tape. Of course, I knew that this thought process could have backfired on me but I figured I am already frustrated, so what the hell.

So here they are:

1/4 inch lost on thighs
1/4 inch loston calves
1/2 inch lost on hips
2 inches lost on bust *sob
1 inch lost on arms

Well, I guess I know where I will lose first, sadly enough. Why can't I just relocate parts of my body? Is there a plastic surgeon out there that will move my ass and thighs up to my chest (ok, maybe not all of it. I don't want to be Dolly Parton). They can put silicone in my chest but they can't put my ass there? My worst fear is losing the weight and being flat chested. I know, I can always buy a pair but I would much rather be 'au natural even though I seem to be in the minority these days.

As a side note, I will be creating a separate page for recipes :). Oh, and one more thing that book I referred to yesterday is Jemima by Jane Green. It had mixed reviews but I liked it because it encouraged me, partially because I identified with the main character.

14 comments:

Manuela said...

Now, I wasn't checking up on you--I just noticed that blue square and thought about how hard it was for you to get going (I HATE going there myself and haven't been this week at all).

Good for you for knowing when to stop. It's not quitting, it's listening to your body and understanding what it needs.

I'm also glad that you'll be trying the in-person meetings. I found that it helped when I first started the weight loss journey.

I'm a lifetime member but promised myself that I wouldn't return until I lost the weight I've gained over the year and KNOW that I can follow what I learned there on my own.

Keep us informed on your decisions and my hats off to you for accepting that you might need to change things up!

Have a great weekend :)

RunningNan said...

Glad you stopped when you felt it. I didn't do that once and severly suffered the consequences. Luckily, that was last summer and I've been good ever since!

I agree, the WW meetings will be a good step to take. They will help you!

Ashley said...

congrats on your measurements!! And I wouldn't worry about losing your bust. Typically when you lose inches in your bust, it's actually on your back and sides. It's actually really really hard to lose "boob fat." I've been trying for years to make my triple D's go back down to a regular D.

Thinking Thin said...

Ashley, quit bragging :P

Manuela said...

Ah, the boob debate will never end. Those of us with an ample supply want less, those with less want more ;)

goodbyetoallfat said...

"My worst fear is losing the weight and being flat chested"

I am so with you on this Thinking Thin. I always *seem* to lose more off my bust initially -- however I think it does all even out eventually.

Ashley's comment has just made me realise that, yes, it could be partly losing the fat round the back and sides of the bust that causes the measurement to go down.

Although I know I do end up filling my 48D bras slighly less fulsomely and will eventually need to buy a 44C or 46C, SOME of that bust loss has to be from the back, so than's for the tip, Ashley!

Fab Kate said...

OMG.. I have to weigh in on the "boob debate" I was a D cup in MIDDLE SCHOOL... back when I wasn't terribly obese. I'll tell you, these days I would do ANYTHING to lose weight THERE... It seems I've dropped several sizes, but my cup size is still the same.

I've been daydreaming about the day I'm at my goal weight and have plastic surgery to remove the remaining skin. I'm going to try to get a reduction at that point. My doctor thinks I'm crazy, because I don't want to just go to a C or D cup... I really dream of being a B cup.

Until you wear a 40 G cup, you don't know how good a small chest seems!

Jamie said...

I read Jemima and LOVED it! Can hardly wait to see some of your recipes! Have a great weekend.

Heather said...

good for you, I hope WW works out well for you. I think your stats are good and they will just keep getting better :)

K. said...

Just discovered your blog. Started out at the same weight as you, and lost some 85 lbs, stuck with 30 lbs left to lose. Don't worry about the boobs, they won't get too flat, mine are still quite cute...keep up the great work!
K.
til-i-reach.com

ptg said...

I also love Jemima J...and now that you've mentioned it, I think I'm going to pull it out and read it too. :o)

Cammy said...

Ah, my sister in bust loss. :) It may be the first place you lose, but it's also most noticeable. Which says something kind of weird about our society. LOL

I applaud you for your resilient spirit and your commitment to yourself. Way to go!

Crystal said...

It's great to see you being proactive and deciding to go back to meetings. Sometimes the extra support from others really helps us stay motivated.

I too notice the boob fat going down. Yes, some of it is from the back but you can tell when you can't fill those same cup sizes as well. I tell myself that I'll even out when I'm finished, I hope!

Life At 40 said...

The inches lost is great and does show that you are still moving ahead even though the scale is being a brat about it. Have a good weekend.