Thursday, June 5, 2008

No name, other than it's Friday

When I went to the grocery store the other day I came across the strangest object. It looked like a grapefruit, well kind of. It looked more like a grapefruit that had been on meth one too many times. I read the information card above it and it said it was a cross between a grapefruit and a tangelo. Interesting. I wonder who the father was. Seeing as I am an adventurous soul (not really), I bought one. Tonight, I eat Uniq! No, I didn't name it, that's the kind of fruit it is. Matter of fact, I am eating it's juicy flesh now as I type. I have to say that it is quite tasty! I did find out after searching for a picture (I was too lazy to get out my camera and take my own) that it is also called Ugli (pronounced oohgli). If you have never tried one, you should...scrumptious and very juicy.


Remember, yesterday in my blog I said I was anxious to get to the gym now. That faded over the day. Maybe faded is not exactly the best word to use, it disappeared. Yep, the gym bug was gone. However, you would be proud of me, as I am very proud of myself. I forced myself to go. I probably didn't work as hard as the past two days but I still worked up quite a bit of sweat. 30 minutes on the recumbant bike for 4.5 miles, 15 minutes on the treadmill at 2.8 mph and I even, believe it or not got on the Cybex. This thing kicks my arse! I was only on it 2 minutes. Yep, I know it doesn't sound like much. You are over there saying, "oh, come on you can do more!" Really, I couldn't. I am making a goal for myself though. I am going to try to get on it each time I go to the gym and try to increase that number.

My eating on the other hand this week has not been good and the scale is showing it *sigh. I have gone over my points most days. It's "that" time again. *another big sigh. It seems it is always "that" time and I am a bottomless pit that week. I am going to try to make up for the first 4 days of the week over the next three so I can show some kind of loss on the scale.

7 comments:

Cammy said...

You won't catch me making fun of your Cybex time! You have to start somewhere, and 2 minutes is a good place to begin. :)

Well done on getting in the gym time!

RunningNan said...

I'm glad you got up and did it! don't you feel better?

Ms. Gigglepuss said...

It shows commitment to get to the gym when you lost the urge!!! And you won't hear me saying anything about your Cybex #, look at what you had already done before getting on it. Keep up the good work and I'll be looking for some Ugli fruit in about another week :)

Manuela said...

I have never seen a Cybex but I have seen an ugli fruit (never tried it though).

Sorry about the time of the month eating. I made an effort to stick to my points this time around and didn't do my usual treating (lots of chocolate!!!!!)

I'm excited about Monday because I think I'll have a good loss.

Have a good weekend and hang in there. I'm proud that you pushed yourself to go to the gym. Good on you!

Crystal said...

That's quite a strange little fruit, never heard of it but I'm usually up to trying new things too.

Good luck getting back on track.

goodbyetoallfat said...

I'm not Ugli -- I'm Uniq !!!!*

That rare fruit has just given me the best "put down" ever to anyone who ever says I'm ugly ever again!


*By inference: they are boring with rigidly uniform features -- dull, dull dull !

Lovebug6100 said...

Leaving my weight for today - should I be emailing it? 252 is the official...no change!