Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekly Challenge Update

Good morning! Well, I am down this week, a little tiny bit.... .6 pounds. I am a little disappointed but I'm probably lucky that I lost. I didn't journal, I didn't exercise and I had dinner at Olive Garden one day and Chilis another day. I had breadsticks with alfredo sauce...yummy! So, downward is good, seeing as there hasn't been much downward action in weeks/months. We all get discouraged by our small losses but look at it this way. For every 1/2 pound you lose, you are losing two sticks of butter on your ass! :) Next week, am hoping for at least 8 sticks! I need to get into the positive percentile on the challenge!
Speaking of the challenge, this week our biggest loser was Karyn and .1 percent behind Karyn was Suzanne. Good job ladies!
Overall, there are three in the top spot...Manuela, Lynn and Quarterlife Girl. You ladies are doing awesome.
So, here's the deal...the rest of us need to pick it up a notch. I want to see weigh ins next week for all those that have not checked in. I don't want to see any negative numbers (mainly mine..hehe) and I want everyone to exercise at least 3 days for 30 minutes. No excuses!
I wouldn't make a very good drill sergeant, would I? :)

12 comments:

Shanna said...

Maybe cottage cheese would be a better visualization...Ewwww!!! =)

Good going LOSERS!! And I mean that in a good way!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

spunkysuzi said...

Yes Sarge!! I'm doing weights today SIR ;)
lol
Congrats on a nice loss. My motto is any loss is a good loss ;)
And thanks for doing this challenge it's a lot of fun.

Lynn said...

Nope. you'd make a terrible drill seargent. I can't hear you from here, for one. Also, you asked a question ;-)

I have now lost more weight than my four-year-old daughter weighs. I like to carry her around when I'm feeling I haven't been doing a good job.

I carried her on my shoulders for over a half mile the other day, just to get some perspective.

Melzie said...

A loss is a loss, keep it up!! :) Splurging a little isn't bad, just don't make it a habit.

Fun with doing a BL- we did one as a family (both sides) and it was a blast!

Mel checking in from HYC

RunningNan said...

That's a good way to put it in perspective! Congrats on the 2 stick loss!

Wallowgirl said...

Any loss is better than none at all! My loss this week was 1.6 pounds. Have a great day!

Big Girl said...

I just can't quite stop thinking of how much butter I've lost. It's quite the visual. Thanks for the analogy.

Manuela said...

Oh dear, breadsticks and butter mentioned in one post. I love bread and butter, the fresher the better.

Oh, wait, where was I going with this? Yeah, congrats on .6 down. I'm always pleased when I've eaten naughty things and show a loss (not that it happens a lot!)

Ooh, and top 3! How lucky am I?

Thanks and have a fantastic day!

Crystal said...

When you put it that way, every little bit counts. At least you saw the scale going the right way :)

weelittleme said...

I totally hear you on needing to kick it up a notch. I am going to log all of my food for the next week! Food journaling really helps me so I know that will kick me in gear.

Heather said...

congrats on your loss, and when you put it in perspective ( with the butter) that is quite an accomplishment. just keep your focus and you will continue to do well.

Lovebug6100 said...

Just wanted to let you know, I'm up 2 more pounds...this is not going well for me! 256.8...grrr