Saturday, June 28, 2008

What a crappy month...

I don't know about anyone else but it has been a horrible month for everyone around me. Let's see it started with F and me (update on that later in the post). Then, one of my co-workers moved down here about 6 months ago with his girlfriend and they started having problems because she wasn't working. She finally did get a job at a bar and then wasn't coming home until the next day because she would go out and party with the guys after work (um, kind of a problem when you are in a relationship). So he finally ended it after agonizing over it for weeks. Then Thursday, he comes home and someone robbed him. They cleaned his house of everything but the leather sofa which included the work laptop, personal laptop, big screen TV, one brand new shoe and even his orange juice. Another co-worker of mine is splitting with her significant other after 27 years together. Then on Thursday, my mother had a customer come in with 3 dogs (she is a dog groomer). The dogs were old, one appeared to have a seizure before its owner left and the owner mentioned he was going to take it to the vet because it had been lethargic. The owner left and within 5 minutes the dog was dead. Last night, my roommate yells to me that something was wrong with her dog. She had peed all over herself and her dog bed, and we tried getting her up and she paralysis all down her left side. She got sick and when she would turn her head to the left her eyes wouldn't track. All you could see were the whites of her eyes. You could hear gurgling in her chest. She is a large dog and 12 years old. My roommate didn't have the money to take her to a vet but talked her mom into paying the vet this morning for some tests. Quite honestly, I didn't think the dog would make it through the night. I personally think that it was a stroke. I didn't particularly care for the vet. They sent the dog home and basically told her to wait a few days to see what happens after a $300 vet bill to check her chest. They wanted to do more tests and more x-rays but financially that was not an option. The dog appears to be miserable and I don't think there is a good prognosis for her. Despite my roommate driving me crazy on a regular basis, I feel for her. I have been there and this has been the only constant in her life for 12 years. She's not doing well with this and I think the vet gave her false hopes that the dog would be fine. Then today, I get a phone call from my mother. My step-sister called this morning to tell us that her mother died last night (she was diagnosed a few months ago with cancer). I used to spend my summers there. So can you say June has really sucked? Anyone else experiencing a particularly bad month where everyone around you is going through something. I follow astrology a little but I don't put much faith in it but I have heard that there is something going on with the moons this month..something about retrograde. Any insight?

Now, onto F. I had lunch with him today and I tried to stay away from the obvious topic at hand. However, he did say at one point I seemed bitter. I told him no, I am not bitter I am confused. I understand breaking things off, taking a break, whatever you want to call it if things aren't going well but they couldn't have been better. At one point, it almost looked like his eyes were getting glossy as if there were going to be tears. We had a nice talk and then when I left I told him that I won't be contacting him and that the ball was in his court. I told him I am not mad at him but he is going to have to be the one that calls. He hugged and kissed me goodbye (twice) :)

I got home this evening and I did have an IM from him (which is unusual) which asked me if I was at my computer. I am thinking, oh Lord, this is where he tells me it would be best if we didn't see each other (gotta love my positive attitude about this, right?). He IM'd me to thank me for going to lunch and said "good night, sweet lady". I don't know what it is about that phrase but I melt each time he tells me that.

9 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

"hugs" I really hope things are better next month!! I had tears in my eyes just reading this.

RunningNan said...

I hope things start turning around for you and everyone you know!

Fab Kate said...

Sounds like you had a really lousy month. I really feel for you. Here's to hoping July is better.

((hugs))

MaryFran said...

Yeah, it sounds like it's been a pretty yucky month! Only one way to go...and thats a better month in July!

Scale Junkie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about everything. Here's to making July a much better month!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Seriously ... they took his orange juice???? Here is to Tuesday kicking off a good month for you! Hang in there. :)

Crystal said...

I feel for you...this was not a good month on your end. Well, today is the last day of it so I hope July brings more smiles to your face. Try to be strong and you can get through this rough patch.

Big Girl said...

Totally crappy month, what's up with all that? aughhh. Sorry so much has happened, I've gotta think July is going to be better for you.

RunningNan said...

oh.. and im still 154