Monday, June 23, 2008

Yawn...Good morning

*Yawn...good morning. Well, it was not a good start to the morning as I woke up at the time I was supposed to already be at work. Oops. So, in a rush to get ready and out the door I did not get a chance to weigh myself (maybe that's a good thing), so I will have my weigh in tomorrow morning. I have also been toying with the idea of going back to meetings to get that added support and accountability.

Anyway, I am going to try to get to see all your blogs today and catch up. I didn't do very well last week but had a lot on my mind, boss was in town, blah blah blah.

I am doing better today. Partially because F and I talked Saturday night. He told me that I meant the world to him even though he had a crappy way of showing it (his words). He told me how great I am. He also told me that even though he puts on a good front he is one screwed up puppy. I told him I have always had a soft spot for puppies. I also told him it is a shame that I have to pay for all of his ex's mistakes and that I wish I could get in his head and erase all that crap. He hadn't been calling because he thought I was mad at him. I told him I wasn't mad, just giving him space. I did tell him that I have been pretty unhappy for the past several days and he apologized for being the root cause. I did ask him, where do we go from here? Do we call each other once a week to make sure each other is alive? He said no, nothing like that. I said do we still do things together? He said absolutely. So, I think we are still together just backed off a little bit if that makes any sense. Oh hell, who am I kidding, it doesn't make any sense to me, how is it going to make sense to you? If he wasn't such a good man and me thinking that he is worth it, I would have been history.

I was talking to my mom about things and she mentioned that he needs to see a counselor and that is probably true and of course, she also said that he just needs to get over whatever it is. My mom is a very strong woman (which I think I have told you guys in the past) ...I did have to remind her that people deal with things differently. She thinks that everyone can deal with their "crap" internally without it affecting other people. Maybe I am just naive, but I think if someone has issues, they need to work on them in whatever manner that works for them. If that means telling me they are getting uncomfortable with the way things are progressing, then so be it.

Anyway, so that's what's going on in a nutshell.

11 comments:

quarterlifegirl said...

Well, I'm glad to hear its not over between you and F. I hate it when I wake up late like that though...thats only happened once since I've been working full time (2 years), but it did happen to me at least twice when I was in school on test days.

Anyway, I weighed in this morning hoping to be at 155 like I was on Friday. Mysteriously though I'm at 157.0, so I guess thats what I should report. =]

Good luck with the rest of the week!

RunningNan said...

I wish I would've woken up late today too, but I didn't. I slept for crap as well.

I'm glad to hear that he's acknowledged that it's not over... It's a good thing. I think your mom is right. Do you think he would go for that?

My official weigh in is 154.. YAY!

Ashley said...

Glad things are working out, as slowly as it may seem, it sounds like it's heading in the right direction for now.

I weighed in at 200.4 this morning (P had to put the scale right by the bed so I'd trip over it this when I woke up!!).

ptg said...

Well, it sounds like things between you and F are moving forward. Slowly, yes, but sometimes that's for the best. Showing him that you care for him and are there for him, no matter how "messed up" his head is, can only bring good things. I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers that things work out for the best!

My weigh in was 196.5....yay! I finally hit the 25lb mark!

Shanna said...

I'm glad you guys are talking! That's a major thing! You both could have clammed up & that would get you nowhere. Just take it one day at a time! It'll all work out!

Weighed in this morning...199! =)

Big Girl said...

Sounds like you had a nice talk w/ F. Glad things aren't over and maybe this little breather is just what he needs.

Wish I was still sleeping and not at work. Well, I guess I'm glad I'm at work since it gives me time to blog..hee hee.

spunkysuzi said...

I have to agree that i'm glad you guys are at least talking now!
This weeks weigh in 141.4 down -4lbs

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I'm glad things are going a little better. Slow and steady wins the race!

My official weigh-in this morning was 316. Woohoo!

Crystal said...

It's good that you two had a talk and figured some things out. I agree w/you..people need to work things out on their own and in their own way. It's good he reached out to you and told you there were things bothering him. Some guys would just leave. Hope you two continue to work things out and you will probably end up in a better place down the road.

Trish said...

I hope everything works out for you two. Relationships are SO hard!

My offical weight is 371.

Stacy Cartwright said...

I think we all have done that at least once. Hope you have a great week.

my current weight is 171.0. I was so happy when I seen that number on the scale. Everyone at the ww meeting knew I had a loss.