Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Biggest Loser Update

First things first, there weren't many weigh-ins this week. My guess would be it wasn't a good week and some may have fallen off the wagon. Come on ladies, look at mine. I am headed to be the biggest gainer in the challenge! I continue to play with the same five pounds. More venting on that in a few. Aren't you glad you stopped by?

So, drum roll please..... the biggest loser this week is Quarterlife...weren't you the biggest loser last week too? I am too lazy to go look :). Not only are you top loser this week, but you are in the lead for total weight loss. Manuela is coming in second.

Insert drill sergeant voice here...

Now, the rest of us ladies need to step it up a bit and give these two ladies some competition. What do you say? Let's watch that food, drink that water, and MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!! I want to see results !!! Do you hear me? MOVE IT!

End drill sergeant voice here...

Now, back to me. It is all about me, you know. This is the only place it is all about me :). I am tired of playing with those same five pounds over and over. It's like those pesty little gnats that just won't leave you alone. No matter how hard you try to get them away from you, they just keep coming back. This week, darn it, those gnats are going to die for good. I have had it. I will not accept a number on the scale that isn't below 280. (Positive thinking is supposed to work, right?). 6 months with the same five pounds is plenty of time for my body to say goodbye, right? At this rate, I am going to be 75 before I lose the weight I want. Boy, that's a pretty site when I can finally wear that bikini...LOL. Anyway, this is the week. This is the week my body will be in the 270s and it will not look back. It has no choice or else it loses a limb. If positive attitude does not work, then it will have to be bodily threats. :)

So, I am one of those that likes to read my monthly horoscope. I hate to admit this, but in many cases the tarot type astrology has been pretty accurate. I received this in the mail today. This is one I wouldn't normally read but I had to share a part of what it said.
The month ends with lovely Venus in opposition with mystical Neptune, when the separation between fantasy and reality might get muddled. Some may fall in love with the first person that comes along, while others may swear they've seen spirits and unicorns!

Isn't that cool? I am really hoping for the unicorns! I have always loved unicorns.

18 comments:

Ashley said...

my vote's for the unicorns, too. :o)

and it's Tuesday, not Monday, so I'm a day late and several student loans short, but my weigh-in is 200.6. That doesn't have to go on the challenge, I'm just sharing this with you. You know, because we're close in that biggest gainer race.

Shanna said...

I know it can be frustrating. Maybe you need to just shake things up a bit either change up the diet somehow or even add just 15 minutes of cardio or a different kind of work out. I know, I know... easier said then done sometimes. Just remember, you have been crazy stressed lately, and that does not do a body good! Keep up the positive thinking, and I am sure you will turn things around!

Katschi said...

Boy, I hear ya sister!!
I've been in the 280's for 6 months, too. I FINALLY broke through to the 270's yesterday.I stuck with my points and drank alot of crystal light (the toilet is getting tired of seeing my fat ass, I'm sure)
I'd be scared if I was extra weight on your body...I don't think it has a home for long!

RunningNan said...

LOL.. The only reason I read my horoscope is to just see if it coincides with what is really going on in my life!

Are you writing everythign down and being honest?

I don't care what that scale says.. I'll report it.. I'm more in this for health and not the weight loss, but it's a nice bonus!

Thinking Thin said...

Nan, I journal most of the time. That's why I am making a conscious effort again to measure, write everything down.

Big Girl said...

I hate playing with the same pounds over and over...it's so totally frustrating.

Remember my challenge starts today...you're still in aren't you? Maybe all the extra walking will kick start you into the 270's or 260's this month?

Manuela said...

It is so important to list those goals for yourself. I've said it before and I'll say it again--journalling is a key to my success.

And yes, especially when it's been a bad day (tom is KILLING me this time around--may not be second next week :(

You're AWESOME--don't forget it!!!

WillBFineby2009 said...

Weight in 1 day late also .I am 172 down .6 Oh joy.I take it as it comes .I still got to have pizza & good pizza too!Have a great day!

Wallowgirl said...

I'm late too. I am at 210.8 for the week.

Have you found what your BMR is? Usually you take your BMR that has your workout level included and subtract about 500 calories a day. That can get you at a pound of loss per week. Do you also write how many calories you consume a day? I use Fitday. I don't like doing it but it really helps. I didn't realize how many calories I was consuming. Try keeping track if you don't. Have a good week!

Thinking Thin said...

Wallow, I count points (WW). I don't know if you are familiar with the point system at all but basically you are allotted a daily amount of points based on your gender, weight and activity level. Then you are given so many "flex" points to use throughout the week as a bank. Lately, I have been using part of my bank and that is probably why I have been stuck here. I need to get back down to not using my bank or activity points and I think I might start seeing results again.

Stacy Cartwright said...

I hear ya about the same 5 pounds that just want to stay. But it's a new day and a new week so we can do it this week.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Sounds frustrating, but chasing those unicorns counts as exercise--and if they run fast, you get extra credit!

Good luck with the July goals!

Crystal said...

i think postive thinking plus bodily threats equals a good weight loss approach ;)

Those goals all sound great to me. Be strong and stick to your guns and you will kiss not only the 280s but the 270s goodbye for good!

Cammy said...

Good luck with your goals! You can't control how much weight you lose, but if you follow the things you can control, like eating out and exercising, you will definitely see the scale moving in the right direction! In fact, I think I'm going to grab hold of your coattails and go along for the ride. :)

Heather said...

hang in there..you will break free of those same 5 pounds. I got stuck at different points myself and sometimes it takes a while to just keep on moving past that. I know you will do it though.

Take One Stripper Pole said...

I am voting for the unicorns too! I need to get in n this challenge ... maybe that would help me lose some weight!

Wallowgirl said...

Oh, you are on the point system. I did WW way back. I wasn't very good at it(as you can tell). :) I can't help you there because I can't remember how it worked exactly. You will figure it out though. Just keep on plan like you have been doing.

Trish said...

Just wanted to WEIGH IN for this week.......371.8. Yup, a gain.

Trish @ Becoming A Better Me