Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Good news and bad news

I have good news and bad news. Remember, yesterday I said that I was going to start going to WW meetings again. Well, that's going to be put on hold for now and I will continue to plug along on my own. I have all the tools, there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to do it on my own. The reason why is...

My roommate gave me notice last night. I really wanted to wait a few more months to give her notice so I could pad the bank a little, get some things paid off, and of course, I wanted it to be on my time :). However, the blood incident pretty much had put the writing on the wall for her so she started looking. She comes into the kitchen last night and hands me her 30 days notice. She says she found some place considerably cheaper. She pays me $550 a month, which includes everything (electric, water, cable TV, movie channels, Internet access, lawn service, pest control..blah blah blah). Cheaper? What is it, a refrigerator box? Sorry, she makes it sound like I am charging her a fortune! Adios!

What this means is that I will have my house back, when I clean it will stay clean, my utility bills should go down, there will be room in the refrigerator for my things, I will no longer be embarrassed for company to come over and use the "house bathroom", no more smelly, bloody dog, so many things to be excited about. Most importantly, I will be able to walk around nekkid again if I want (don't visualize, it will ruin your breakfast). I can enjoy coming home again and not have to stress over whether she is there or not. This also means that I am going to have to be really strict with my money. No more eating out (this is not a bad thing), hold off on the WW meetings (going to try to keep gym membership) and basically just watch my spending closely. I had registered for some college classes this next semester so I need to see if I can still swing those.


The other good news, I almost forgot, with all the excitement over the roommate leaving..I checked the scale this morning. It is back to where it was before the huge overnight 6lb gain so looking forward to a decent weigh in this week!

I apologize for not coming to visit you all. I am going to try to catch up with all of you today.

18 comments:

carla said...

it's always good and bad in life huh?

KUDOS on the balancing out of the weight.
wayyy overshadows the roomie leaving in my book as there are so many positives on that front which, FOR ME, would make the frugal living worth it.

(but I LOVE living alone that way :))

Miz.

new*me said...

I think you will so appreciate your alone time and it should cut down on your stress in a major way. Eliminating stress from you life will help you on your weight loss journey.

HollyALP said...

Ah, living alone... I had one year of bliss my senior year of college, and its been downhill ever since. I completely understand your financial crunch and relief. I have my own home where I live with my boyfriend. We've had a few break up scares where I thought for sure I'd be taking on the whole mortgage. It's all in my name anyway, so I could transition pretty easily but I'd have to cut back big time! Then again, my house would be clean!! and I wouldn't have to keep moving his dishes from the living room to the kitchen... or wash his dishes... or do his laundry... Eh, we'd better keep this conversation on you! Congratulations on the weight loss, you're doing amazing!

Shanna said...

Ding Dong the witch is gone! =) I know you are going to be soooo much happier. It probably worth well over $550 just to have some peace and quiet. It will be financially tough, but I am sure you'll do fine! Everything always finds a way of working out.

BTW- you should check to see if your medical insurance covers your gym. I know Vista & Humana are covering memberships now. Its worth a shot! =)

And one last thing WOO HOO, on the weight loss! I knew it wouldn't stick around! =)

RunningNan said...

I remember how it was when I finally got rid of my roommate. The day he finally moved out, I stripped down nekkid and ran around up and downstairs. It was way too awesome. I've lived alone ever since then too. My utility bills are quite low as it is. It helps when you run at work and shower there 5 days a week!

RunningNan said...

oh.. and I totally forgot to weigh in again. I am not doing this out of fear of the number. I just have a distraction in the mornings! ha ha ha.. I SWEAR I will get it in this week... hopefully I'll remember tomorrow!

ptg said...

I agree with everyone else - getting her out of the house and having your own place being the way you like it, with less stress and mess, waaaay outweighs the frugal living. You'll find a way to make everything work.

And a definite kudos on balancing the weight gain. This is your week!

spunkysuzi said...

You will be a lot happier without her and her dog i'm sure!! It will be worth losing the money in the end.
As far as weigh in's i'm not sure whether i gave you mine i'm up .6 this week to 142.4!

Ready to Shrink said...

I'm SO happy for you! So glad the odd roommate is heading for the hills. Tighten' your purse strings and you can totally make it work! I'm really happy for you and also glad the mysterious gain is gone.

elife said...

A house to yourself is a beautiful thing!! I'm sure the elimination of all that stress will make you happier and therefore healthier.

Stacy Cartwright said...

Without the stress in your home you should be able to shed more pounds easily.

Oh! way to go with your current loss.

Manuela said...

Do you think you'll be getting another roommate? I think it will be easier for you to eat better too because I remember awhile back you mentioned that you couldn't make too much noise in the am because of her.

Anyway, her house will be clean and quiet!

WillBFineby2009 said...

Losing that extra money probably stinks,but having your home back will be alot nicer I think you may find out...:-)-I was off line for 2 weeks a week or so .I am back now...

Cammy said...

I'm sure you'll work it all out! You've got the right attitude, which will help enormously!

RunningNan said...

I'm happy to report that I have maintained 155.5. I finally remembered to weigh in!

Scale Junkie said...

You'll probably see a nice drop in the utility bills and how nice to have a house stay clean. I think in the long run you'll find it costs less.

You may want to change the locks. If you do, check Habitat on Grand and Moog sometimes has lock sets in there for not a lot of money. If you haven't been in there, its a good place to stop in once in a while and find good bargains. I've found paint in the exact color I needed and best of all it was in the FREE section.

carla said...

come over when you get a moment---just so you can bask in the Thinking Thin ADORATION the MizFits hath given ya.

M.

JC said...

I've been down the the roommate road and I would rather pinch pennies. I love having my house to myself much less stress which translates in to less eating. Well, sometimes less eating. If you can't swing WW meeting you always have all us blogger.