Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's a great Monday!

I went and saw The Dark Knight with F yesterday and it was actually a good day. I even got a text from him last night to wish me sweet dreams, which he used to do every night. Maybe he is finally coming to his senses :). For those of you that haven't seen The Dark Knight, it was a great movie but I didn't see it as dark as critics have said. Yes, it was a dark role for Heath Ledger. It really is a shame that he isn't here to see it out. He was awesome in it and most of us in the theatre thought the movie was funny whenever he was on screen. You should see it!


I don't know if I wrote about this last week at all but I got an email that had a subject line of "A's friend". My heart dropped because I thought it was going to be an email to tell me something happened to A. On the contrary, it was his best friend and it's a female. He apparently calls home every two weeks while out in the field when he can. He talked to her the other day and asked her to email me to let me know that he was ok. She told me that he acted like a 5yr old kid asking her so she assumes that he must really be interested in me. We have been talking every day now so she can give A her stamp of approval...lol. So F better hurry up and come to his senses or 6pack abs might be in the picture :). 6pack abs definitely has advantages over F too...he has that romantic side, believes in that "fairy tale", writes poetry, loves deeply, good looking and he's not gay. F, on the other hand, is quiet, silly, handsome, not too much on the romantic side that I have seen...but something about him when he touches me sends chills up my spine.

Anyway... *sigh

Guess what? I am excited. I lost weight this week...woo hoo! 277.6 YAY...getting closer to the 260s. However, I have to confess I didn't deserve it. I didn't go to the gym all week. I didn't drink my water like I normally do. I had movie popcorn with movie butter, yesterday. I had Olive Garden this week with breadsticks and alfredo sauce. I know I was over on points and possibly on flex points. I didn't journal every meal. However, in my defense I didn't have an entree at Olive Garden (I had the salad), I didn't eat anything else yesterday besides the popcorn...but still not exactly a stellar diet. So I am grateful for those almost 2 lbs.

Also, over the weekend a good friend of mine bought a bike to start training for a triathlon and there is a bike ride in October that I might try to train for. You can sign up for 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-99 or 100 miles. They are giving away 2 $500 bikes as door prizes. I think I might try for the 40 mile bike ride. I need to get on my bike and see how far I can go now. I am not even sure how to start with the training. Start with 5 miles? 10 miles? I don't know, I guess I will figure it out as I go.

My menu for the day:

Breakfast- 13 pts

2 German potato salad/egg beater english muffin - 8 pts.
1 cup fruit - 2 pts.
coffee = 3pts

German Potato Salad: 140 cal, 3.5 fat, 26 carb, 2 protein, 2 fiber
Egg Beaters: 40 cal, 1.5 fat, 0 carbs, 0 fiber, 6 protein
Whole Grain English Muffin: 130 cal, 1 fat, 26 carbs, 2 fiber, 5 protein

Lunch - 9pts

4 oz chicken breast - 3pts (I baked the seasoned tomatoes on top of chicken and then use the sauce on top of the potato..yum)
Seasoned diced tomatoes - 1 pt
5 oz baked potato - 3pts
1cup fruit - 2pts

Chicken breast: 130 calories, 1g fat, 27g protein
Diced tomatoes: 75 calories, 0g fat 15g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g protein
Baked potato: 145 calories, 1g fat, 34g carbs, 5g protein

Dinner -11 pts

4 oz chicken breast - 3pts
Seasoned diced tomatoes - 1 pt
5 oz baked potato - 3pts
1 cup green beans - 0 pts (43 calories, 9g carbs, 4g fiber, 0 fat, 2g protein)
2 cups 1% milk - 4 pts (110 cal, 2.5 g fat, 13g carbs, 0 fiber, 8g protein..each serving)

33 pts total

1403 calories
16g fat

These totals aren't totally accurate because I don't have the nutritional information in there for the fruit or my creamer but it gives me a general idea of what the totals are. 16g fat isn't too bad...yay!

10 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

Looks like you have a nice food day planned ;)
I was down -.6 this week bringing me to 141.8 ;)

Manuela said...

Down .5 (what a bore but I've been having MAYBE too much ice cream!)

I really want to see Dark Knight because I love Batman (Christian Bale is tres cool).

I like fairy tales too so long as they have happy endings :)

ptg said...

As far as A & F go - A can every single great quality in the world but if you don't "tingle" when he touches you (like you said you do with F) then it doesn't matter...that's just my opinion though. But don't take my word for it, enjoy every single minute of it, you deserve it!!

LOL - weigh-in this week was 190.5 - total of 3.5lb GONE! Woohoo!!

RunningNan said...

Totally forgot to weigh in. I've been like super busy this past weekend.

I used to be big into riding my bike when I lived in an area with bike paths. I would honestly start with the 1-20 or the 21-40. I used to ride about 16-19 miles every other day. The thing that you have to remember is your ass will kill you! It will take a few weeks to get used to it again. I remember not being able to sit on the bike for 3 days after each first few rides. My ass bones were bruised!

I do think it's a wonderful idea, and it's totally doable! Good luck!

Big Girl said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Your menu looks great for today. Keep it up!

quarterlifegirl said...

I saw the movie too! Definitely liked it, and I agree...it wasn't as "dark" as I was expecting. (Although it was pretty violent and intense...I agree its not a kids movie.) I was impressed with the joker character, both the writing and the acting.

Glad to hear you went down in weight!! I am back down to 153.5. Not great, but I think I'm back on track!

I'm also glad to hear F might be coming around!! Does he know about Mr. 6pack? (I think if he did he'd make up his mind a whole lot sooner!!) =D
Have a good week!

carla said...

I didn't eat anything else yesterday besides the popcorn.

since movie popcorn is my BIG HEALTH VICE you wont be getting any comments from ME on that one :)

MizFit

Lovebug6100 said...

Just wanted to weigh in - I'm down this week - 254.4....

Crystal said...

A bike ride sounds like a great idea and will get you out there doing another healthy activity. I love biking but there's not a lot of good places to ride.

Shanna said...

No one can resist the popcorn!! Mmmm, yummy. Glad you had a good weekend. I went to Olive Garden too, thats why I didn't WI yesterday, I needed to get in at least one more workout to work off those breadsticks! ;)

I weighed in at 192.5! YEAH! (Guess it worked!)