Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Positive Energy

I don't know what it is. Maybe, because it is the start of a new month but I am feeling just so full of positive energy. Ok, maybe not the energy that makes me want to try to run a marathon but it's as if someone has lifted all the painful things from my life. Those painful things are still there but they don't seem as important this week. I guess the best way to describe it, is if someone fed me a bottle of Xanax. I just don't really care. Ok, that's not totally true but I have come to the realization to not stress about the things I cannot control. This is something that relates to every part of life. I am bad about it! I always have been, although I have to say with age it has gotten better. We should all work to reduce the stress in our lives. What does it do for us? Absolutely nothing. For some of us, it leads us to eating. Regardless of how it affects you, no good can come of it.

Here a few ways to reduce stress in your life:

1. We all know physical activity reduces stress. It still amazes me that we feel better after exercising but most of us fight the thought of 30 minutes a day exercising.
2. Talk to someone. Another reason I like the blog. Although if I talked about really, really personal things I would make it more anonymous (you know, like take my picture off of it).
3. Know when it is beyond your control. Learn to accept it for what it is.
4. Get enough rest and eat healthy. Take care of yourself!
5. Go out and have fun.
6. Give to others. Charity starts on this blog. Send your cash, money orders, expensive jewelry to ThinkingThin at 123 Anywhere Street, Anywhere, FL. hehe kidding

Remember, yesterday I mentioned horoscopes? Well, every month Susan Miller puts out a new monthly horoscope and I tend to keep them and just check back to see if any of it was true. In some cases, it has been very true and in other cases somewhat true.


Well, I checked out F's...here is an excerpt.


"When it comes to romance, Saturn's tour of your fifth house of true love suggests you may be in a long-distance relationship or temporarily separated from your sweetheart because of work or study obligations. This situation won't last forever. In fact, by next year (October 2009) you should have your feelings sorted out and be ready to announce a major decision about this relationship. Knowing this, you will know not to put pressure on yourself or your partner - going slowly will be the right choice. "


Ok, that did sound good until I got to the "October 2009". Are you kidding me? If, in fact that is when he has his feelings sorted out, he will be a dollar short and a day late. I don't imagine me still pining for him that long. I love him with all my heart but there comes a time when you just have to let go and I can guarantee you it will be long before that. Picture it...me, 38 years old on September 30th sitting by the phone waiting for F to profess his love to me. Pathetic!!! LOL

8 comments:

dadivastreet said...

I agree, I too am feeling supercharged about July. Thanks for the less stress tips! Good luck with your goals, have a good week!

Big Girl said...

No sitting by the phone for you my friend, especially for a whole year and more! sheesh.

I worry A LOT. I hate it and for me it has manifested itself as high blood pressure. I work on #3 constantly. Most things are out of our control and things are what they are. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

Glad you got the positive vibe goin'. =)

ptg said...

Definitely agree about waiting for a YEAR for him to get his act together...no way, Jose!

Glad to hear you're "supercharged" about the month. I know it's going to be a kick-a$$ one for you!

JC said...

Just came by from Cammy's site. Glad to find you. Great job at making goals. I'm pretty good at making them but so much achieving them. Have a great evening. JC

Crystal said...

I'm pretty excited about this months goals, too. I think it's going to be a great month cuz we are going to make it a great one!

Let's get out there and kick some butt!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Your goals seem very achieveable.

Cammy said...

It's great to see such a positive attitude! Wanna bet that translates into some Very Wonderful things? :)

Take One Stripper Pole said...

October of 2009 ... just to sort out feelings and make a decsion ... holy hell that is a long time ... lol. Glad to hear you will not be waiting around. :)