Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recipe Thursday and more...

Well, let me say yesterday was an interesting day. I went out on a limb talking to F and found out what the problem is. I don't understand the logic behind it but now I know where he stands. I told him in a conversation that he confuses the crap out of me but I still love him (I haven't told him that I loved him before other than that slip months ago). He told me he felt the same and that's what is frightening, because it wasn't in his plan. What plan? Do you have a blueprint laying around? He then tells me that we will need to get together soon, if I want. The only thing I can do is laugh right now. This man is so together with everything in his life that I just find it somewhat amusing that I somehow put a monkey wrench into his "master plan" and it scares him. He loves me (girly giggle).

Now, a friend of mine that I haven't talked to in months because he was deployed to Iraq emailed me yesterday. It was really good to hear from him. He is also a remarkable man and he is one of those rare men that are looking for their soul mate. Here's what he wants...

"Finding that one person that will laugh at my silliness, and sit next to me and play video games with me. (not an easy task to find) I wanna fall into their eyes, while they are falling into mine. And it be completely us against the world, and love every minute of it. Letting me take care of them, and taking care of me in return. I wanna have fun with the person I love next, I love to laugh and love making people laugh.....to see a true smile from the person you love is better than anything else in the world. And undying devotion and honesty......I want to look back at my life with that person and think to myself that I would never do it any different. Some people seem to think I'm a dreamer, because that she doesn't exsist. I'm a firm believer in soul mates.....and I will find mine. "

Now, how many men have you heard talk like that, without including men using it to get what they wanted. He is definitely a total package too. If F and I are still together, I might have to find a suitable friend for A. He's got 6-pack abs too..yummy. I did not just say that out loud. :)

Ok, onto the lifestyle change crap...hehe

My July goals aren't doing so well. I am doing some of them but not all of them so that's my early morning confession. I have an excuse and a reason. TOM paid me a visit and I am really tired of TOM stopping by. He brings Lethargy and Bottomless Pit with him. It sure would be nice if he would just come solo. Anyway, I have been exhausted this week so *bows her head in shame* I haven't gone to the gym. ..but, but, but I will. Next week, I am off. I am going every day! If I don't for whatever reason I want you all to give me a kick in the ass. Deal?

So let's see what recipe do I want to give you today (it will also be in my recipe blog)

Baked Beef Ziti
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 50 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
5 PTS







Ingredients
12 oz uncooked ziti
1 tsp olive oil
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1/3 pound raw lean ground beef
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 3 to 5 minutes; drain off any fat and set pan back over medium heat.

Add oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper; stir to coat beef. Cook until herbs become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon a small amount of beef-tomato mixture into bottom of a 4-quart casserole dish (just enough to cover surface); top with half of cooked ziti. Next, layer with half of remaining beef-tomato sauce and half of mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining ziti and then top with remaining beef-tomato sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.

12 comments:

ptg said...

To be honest - your friend's description of his "ideal woman" is almost the exact same as Hubs' description of me; he's an endless romantic and luckily, he found me who (of course) loves to be flattered shamelessly. :o) There are plenty of good women for him, tell him his goals aren't too lofty or too crazy to be met!

Since we do have a long weekend - I CHALLENGE YOU to walk every day, without fail, for at least 30minutes. It can be outside, it can be inside, wherever you want, you just have to GET MOVING for that time. I'm challenging myself to the same thing since I know the weekend is packed, but I know that you can do it!!!

Katschi said...

Of course I'm focused on the food.
The baked ziti looks easy to make and delicious, much better than the Smart Ones frozen one I've been eating. Thanks for posting this!

Manuela said...

I LOVE pasta dishes. That would be a good one to make and maybe freeze the separate portions and have homemade frozen dinners!

I just bought some new Taste of Home special editions, they don't do lo cal! I made a strawberry pizza 2 weeks ago that was delish. I'll configure it for low points and maybe post next week.

Enjoy the 4th!

Manuela said...

I forgot to ask if you could post a link on your sidebar to your recipes blog. The only link I found was in your original post last week.

Oh, I'll be celebrating the 4th with my yankee friends in Michigan. People in border cities like myself get the best of both worlds!

Thinking Thin said...

Manuela, done :) I meant to do that earlier but the mind drifted somewhere else. Hard to remember anything anymore, it's a mess up there...lol.

carla said...

swinging by to nag, errr, remind you that you dont give yourself enough credit!

that's it.

carry on :)

MizFit

Scale Junkie said...

Interesting development with F and I'm sure your friend won't have trouble finding the right woman for him. He sounds like a good guy.

So he's rewriting the master plan eh? That must be as painful for a guy as when he has to stop and ask for directions...hehe Seriously, guys can be quite funny sometimes can't they?

Big Girl said...

I just melted hearing what your friend had to say. Very thoughtful and sweet.

I'll have to try the recipe...looks super good.

And what's up w/ F? He's totally confusing and frustrating me.

Crystal said...

Men...sometimes I swear they try to give us ulcers.

The baked ziti sounds pretty yummy. I love pasta dishes so I think I'm going to have to try it out.

Have a happy 4th!

Manuela said...

Just made these yesterday and because they are in season,

Blueberry Oat Muffins
1 c. rolled oats
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg beaten
1 c. blueberries
1 c. grated apples OR 1/4 c. oil, OR 1/4 apple sauce

Combine oats with buttermilk and let stand about 1/2 hour. Combine the dry ingredients. Add beaten egg and/or apples, oil to oats and buttermilk. Add dry ingredients, mix until moistened. Mix in blueberries. Fill greased muffin tins about 3/4 full and bake at 400degrees for 15-20 minutes.

So moist and delicious! 3 pts if you use oil, 2.5 if you use apples (I prefer oil--moister and you taste blueberries not apple).

Enjoy!

JC said...

Well, sounds like your friend would be a keeper. Guys my age are not or at least I haven't found one. As for going to the gym every day or get your cyberbutt kicked. HUMMMM!!! TOM now he can be a pest bringing his buddies with him. Good he only come to visit once a month. He doesn't visit me anymore. Praise God. Thanks for coming by my site. I'm excited about my trip. I'm hopefuly I will not have to ask for a seat belt extender. If I don't I'm going to take a picture and post it when I get back.
Have a great time off. JC

JC said...

OH!!!!MY I forgot to comment on the recipe. It sounds yummy. I don't cook if I can figure out a way not to and there is always a way. JC