Thursday, July 24, 2008

Recipe Thursday

Hmm, I didn't have much to say today. Then I remembered it's Recipe Thursday. I'm not prepared but I still have something for you!

It's really, really easy and you don't even need a recipe card to right it down.

Ready?

No, it's not order in...

...and it has no name.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

  • Chicken breasts (boneless, skinless...however, many you want)
  • Can of crushed tomatoes. I like to use the italian seasoned one with oregano and italian seasoning, etc)
Put the chicken breasts into a casserole dish (don't pile them on top of each other). Throw the can of crushed tomatoes on top of them. I cook this a long time, because I like the tomatoes to get "gummy". After it has cooked for about 30 minutes, I usually take a fork and crush the tomatoes into more of a sauce and cook for probably another 45 minutes until it reaches that gummy stage. I like things well done :) . I also throw some potatoes in the oven to make baked potatoes and use the sauce on the potatoes (no butter, no sour cream). The sauce is perfect for it!

If you are counting points, the entire dinner (add some green beans or something) is 6 points (4oz chicken breast, 4 oz baked potato, 1 cup green beans). You can't beat that!

9 comments:

Katschi said...

Wow, is that EVER simple & sounds tasty. I tried your last weeks recipe & loved it. I will definitely try this TODAY since I have to go shopping anyway.

RunningNan said...

easy! I'll have to give it a shoy@

Lynn said...

Wow, that sounds good!

Shanna said...

Now thats my kind of recipe! Short & sweet!! =)

new*me said...

that is one easy and delicious sounding recipe! I just happen to have chicken and homemade sauce in the freezer. I have froze tons of sauce in the last week or so with tomatoes from my parents' garden. I'll be trying this one on the family tonight and may do brown rice with it..they love rice with any kind of sauce.

Thank you for making dinner tonight easy!

Katschi said...

I just finished making it and posted a picture of my dinner. Hotdamn, woman, it's delicious!!!

Cammy said...

I think I'm going to try this with Rotel tomatoes (tomatoes w/green chilis). Just my kind of recipe. :)

carla said...

Im gonna call this MizFit Chicken as it's just my speed and PRECISELY the amount of time I wanna spend on my food preparation :)

Crystal said...

That sounds pretty good, easy to make and I just may have the ingredients sitting in the house. Perfect!