Thursday, July 31, 2008

Recipe Thursday

This is a quick post. I haven't forgotten! It's been a busy day. I also had the pleasure of being invite over to MizFit's to be a "guest chef". I am not really sure how I qualified for that but thank you Carla :) So go check out my 2 minutes of fame...hehe

I will be back later with the recipe of the day. I promise, I promise I will get to you all's blogs today (boy, that sounded very country)

Ok, onto the recipe. I think today will be...dessert. Many of you have probably already seen these and maybe tried them but have gotten the recipe off the WW boards in the past.

DIET SODA CAKES
24 muffins at 2 points each or
12 slices of cake at 3 points each

Most Popular:

Ingredients
1 box dry chocolate cake mix
2 egg whites
12 ounces diet cola

Instructions
Mix together and bake in 13 x 9 inch pan according to package directions. Add 2 Tablespoons Fat Free Cool Whip for zero additional points, or “frost” cake with entire 8 ounce container for 1 extra point per serving.

Other flavors:
Orange cake mix with either diet orange or diet crème soda
Yellow cake with diet red or diet cherry
Yellow cake mix with diet crème soda or diet sprite type soda and toss in ½ cup fresh blueberries. (not enough to make point difference)
Spice cake mix with diet root beer

Katschi also submitted a recipe for today.

Turkey Tomato Hash
Ingredients
1 lb ground turkey
1 19 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, chopped (today I used peas instead)
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp Mrs Dash Chipotle seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder

Instructions
In a large covered skillet, cook turkey till no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.

9 comments:

Shanna said...

OK... I see how it is. A girl gets a little bit of fame and suddenly she forgets her roots. =)

Just kidding! I read your "guest chef" spot on Mizfit's blog, definitely my kinda cookin'. Quick & easy it what is all about, and of course tastey!! =)

Katschi said...

Hi Bonnie, Manuela suggested I share this recipe I made today with you as it's recipe Thursday:

http://www.foodtv.ca/recipes/recipedetails.aspx?dishid=7580

I made it a little differently:

1 lb ground turkey
1 19 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, chopped (today I used peas instead)
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp Mrs Dash Chipotle seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder

In a large covered skillet, cook turkey till no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.

Katschi said...

I should add that it's 5 pts per cup.

new*me said...

congrats on being the chef today ;) You deserve it! The cupcakes sound great. Think I'll try them with my kids on Saturday for our tea party. I heard you can even get reduced sugar cake mix now...I think we'll try that too.

carla said...

diet soda cakes?

CLEAN EATERS BE DAMNED (yep. I said it) IM ALL IN TO TRY THOSE>

Ive read about that for ages with cake etc.

must
find
out
for
self.

thanks again for todays post!

Miz.

askwanda said...

My daughter's birthday is coming and that cake recipe is just the ticket to keep me on track. THANKS!

Manuela said...

Thank you for the kind comment on my post today! You're such a sweetheart and I'd give you a hug if I could!

It's all about mentally preparing yourself and you know what--I haven't been to the gym all month! That's my goal to get to the gym at least ONCE a week for the month of August. We can both do it :)

JC said...

WOW these recipes sounds YUMO. Especially the cake. I've never seen it. Good luck with your August goals they all sound attainable. I think I'll adopt them if you don't mind. I'm trying to catch up with past blogs I've missed while on vacation. Vacation has done a number on my eating. I did great while away because I did so much walking but now I just can't seem to get in the groove. Have a great weekend.

KK said...

Those cakes sound yummy!!!