Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday blogger challenge update

Good Morning!

Wow, didn't get many weigh ins this week. I still have to update the spreadsheet and get percentages but will have it up shortly. Just keep the weigh ins coming in and I will update as I get them. I didn't lose as much as I would have liked but it was a loss. I weighed myself this morning and the scale was very kind with the first weighing..it said 274 but I knew that couldn't be right. I had a ribeye steak and movie popcorn over the weekend. LOL. So I weighed again and it was 279.2, a loss of .4. Hey, I will take it. A loss is a loss!!!!

I hope all is well in everyone's world.

Now, I have to vent. I didn't go to the gym yesterday (shame on me) but I have a somewhat valid excuse. I left my gym clothes and shoes at work. I can't exactly go to the gym in sandals. Anyway, I was so upset with myself later for leaving the stuff at work. It wasn't because I was feeling guilty about not going to the gym, it was because of what I found out when I got home. I really needed to get out of the house! So do you want to know what I found? WARNING: If you proceed, you are going to find me aggravated, pissed off and just darn right unhappy.

I was going to start by saying it's because I have a roommate from hell and decided I shouldn't write that because you never know when she might happen upon this blog. My roommate has an older dog. Well this dog is having skin issues. Of course, roommate doesn't take care of the problem the way she should (but that's a whole other story). This dog chewed her butt bloody yesterday (no exaggeration). I come home and there is blood all over my house. All over the floors, all over the walls, all over my leather furniture...you name it, it had blood on it! Ok, so there are blood smears everywhere and the dog is running through the house because she is uncomfortable rubbing her ass up against the walls. I am yelling at the dog to go lie in her bed and she just continues to rub her ass up against the walls. Now, don't get me wrong I love dogs. I love my dog but this dog is starting to destroy my house. She smells, my roommate's room smells, blood everywhere..can you say I'm over it? Several days ago she had blood on the walls and I told my roommate to clean it up. Did she? NO. She is the laziest person I have ever met in my life. Needless to say, when roommate came home last night I had just had enough and told her that she needs to do something with her dog because I cannot have her bleeding all over everything. Take her to the vet, put a cone on her head, cover her in bubble wrap... I don't care! You would think that after me telling her that I am over it, that she would clean up the blood, then? No, of course not. I get up this morning and there is still blood all over the furniture. I didn't even check the other areas because I think I would just flip out.
Breathe...inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. Ok, much better now. I have been trying to put her rent money away to pay off any debt to get debt free. I want to give her walking papers this year but it may come sooner than she would like, if things don't flipping change soon.
Ok, done venting. Thanks for listening :).

14 comments:

Trish said...

My weigh is it 369.6

Thanks
Trish @ Becoming a Better Me

Shanna said...

Don't you hate when the scale plays evil tricks on you! Mine did the same thing the other day. I stepped on it & it read like 191...I was in disbelief, so I stepped up again, 195... I thought so. Oh well, what can you do. Maybe we should start taking the first weight, and not re-checking it! We would be much happier people that way!! Ignorance is bliss!! ;)

carla said...

wow. ok. my husbands mess isnt seeming so bad right about now....


Miz.

RunningNan said...

I had totally forgot to weigh myself yesterday and today. Sundays was an astonishing 158. Feel free to use that!

Jori said...

I can see why you would need to vent.
That poor dog - the owner should be ashamed of herself a) for not getting the dog some relief from the dry, itchy skin and b) for being a terrible, horrible, uncaring roommate. Geesh!

Shanna said...

OMG... I think I totally missed the 2nd part of your post before I commented before! I am so sorry. Thats more than anyone should have to deal with. And the poor dog!! If she can't take care of him, she needs to find someone who can. Poor dog is miserable, and in turn, you are miserable! I'm sorry. I really hope things get better for you! {hugs}

QL girl said...

Bummer about the mess...and poor dog. People shouldn't have dogs unless they're going to take care of them (its like letting a kid run around with a poopie diaper for a whole day...not cool).

Anyway, I forgot about reporting my weight. It could be because I didn't lose any. I was at 154.0 Monday morning. Better luck next week? lol.

Wallowgirl said...

Sorry about your dog issues. Hopefully you will get them resolved soon.
I am down to 206.2 this week. Have a good one!

Big Girl said...

I am completely grossed out. The whole thought of blood smears would be enough for me to give the roommate her walking papers, you're a much better person than me. Good luck in getting her to clean up the mess, aughhhh!!!!

Manuela said...

Oh man, I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!

I did a quickie post today (I did see your comment on my last one, btw).

I weighed myself and I was 157.5--I'll let you do the math.

I'll come back later today when I've got more time.

Mark Salinas said...

Keep at it!

Cammy said...

So sorry you're having all that stress! And the poor dog! Would it help to threaten her with reporting to the animal protection people? It's cruel not to take care of that dog's problems.

Crystal said...

Sorry to hear about the roommate troubles. That is awful. It's bad enough that the situation happened but then for her to do nothing to resolve the problem, or clean up the mess, well I don't even have words for that. You have more patience than me.

Congrats on the weight loss..every little bit helps! I am in maintenance hell right now.

Heather said...

oh my! how horrible! sorry that you have to deal with all of that. but congrats on your loss! one step closer!