Friday, August 8, 2008

Balancing

You want to know if I got on the scale this morning, don't you? Well, I didn't! Ok, I'm lying. I did. I had to. I have no self control. Of course, yesterday was a fluke. The scale is still down, but not 9 lbs (dagnamit!).

I will be practicing balance today. I went to the gym last night and afterwards a good friend of mine called and asked if I wanted to get some dinner. I figured, sure why not I can get a salad or something reasonable. Her kids wanted to go to Barnhill's. If you don't know what that is, it's a buffet. My problem with buffets isn't overeating, it's what I eat. I never feel like I really get my money's worth. I went anyway.

Here's what I had..
  • Salad with approx. 2 tbs egg, 2tbs cheese and 1/8 cup thousand island dressing
  • Sausage & Sauerkraut - didn't have any sauerkraut, took 4 pieces of sausage that were cut in 1/2" slices.
  • 3 hushpuppies
  • 1/4 cup mashed potatoes
  • 1/4 cup mac & cheese (it was gross too)
  • 1 roll
  • 1 thingy of butter
  • 1/3 slice of cheesecake
Obviously, not the best choices. However, I am proud of myself. In the past, when I wasn't aware of everything I put in my mouth I would have had more sausage, I would have had more mashed potatoes, and I would have had probably 2 more rolls (they are soooo good). So, I didn't have any "bad" foods. I did make less than perfect choices but it's not about being perfect all the time. I had gone to the gym earlier and only went over my pts by 5 so I am still considering it a perfect day. The plan for today is to "balance" it out. Even though, I still have 33 out of my 35 flex pts left (or really close to that), I am going to reduce my point intake today to "balance" out yesterday's points.

10 comments:

Katschi said...

Buffets always taste like 'more' to me. Me, I would've had more cheesecake! I think you're doing the right thing with balancing out the days & I totally agree that's it not about being perfect.
My friend lives in Palm Bay...do you know where that is? She used to live in Satellite Beach. I went down there last August for her wedding. Man, was it hot & humid!

spunkysuzi said...

That is what i am trying to achieve, balance. So that if i decide i'm going to have a tea biscuit at work i'm going to enjoy it but the next day i'll make sure i'm on course to balance that out!! That's a big NSV ;)

ptg said...

I'm with katschi - I would have had more cheesecake!

Your plan for today sounds perfect - balancing things out is a wonderful idea. Great job on getting to the gym yesterday too!

Shanna said...

Great job on keeping it under control, especially at a buffet. I think balance is definiely the key. You are doing a great job! Hope you have a good weekend!! =)

Big Girl said...

You did a great job. Moderation is key and it sounds like you did just that.

carla said...

love your attitude.
and anytime you do better than you would have were you not focusing on healthy choices it IS a huge success.


have a great weekend!

Miz.

MaryFran said...

You'll see that low number on the scales really soon. I find that when I'm losing well,my weight will dip really low one day and then go back up a bit. And then a day or so later I'm back to that low figure again. It's almost as if my body is testing the water so to speak!

Sounds like you managed the buffet/salad bar very very well! Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!

Crystal said...

Buffets can be dangerous when trying to be good with food choices but you did a pretty good job limiting what you ate. Hope the balancing went well for the rest of the day and yeah for lower numbers on the scale!

spunkysuzi said...

For the challenge i'm down -1.6 this week ;)

Cammy said...

Forget the cheesecake; I would've had more hushpuppies! LOL

What I like about buffets is that you can have little bits of things you don't normally get to have, and that can truly help with that whole 'depravation' thing.

Well-played!