Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 2 of Perfect Week and Biggest Loser Challenge Update

The Biggest Loser Challenge Status has been posted, with only four more weeks left! I removed all those that haven't weighed in over a month. If they choose to weigh in now, I will add them back to the list but it is easier for me to update this way. Please look over and make sure I am not missing anyone, weights, etc. Despite what you may think, I am not perfect..hehe.

I think that after this round, I might want to do this again but sorry there won't be any prizes next time. Even though, I am not even close to being number one in this challenge, I am somewhat competitive and I think it will help keep me on track. Anybody else game for a new round after this with no prizes, just because...

Day 1 Recap: It was a good day. I stuck to my menu pretty much with a couple of exceptions. I had some olives left over from making the provolone/olive chicken breast so that was 3.5 more points added to my day. I also had 1 cup of 1% milk with dinner so for the day I went over by 1 point. Seeing as I get 35 weekly flex points to use however I want, I was totally on plan for everything....water, veggies, fruit, healthy oils, dairy. I also went to the gym. You are ready to congratulate me, aren't you? Well, to be honest I didn't stay as long as I normally would but it was really kicking my ass today. It's a feat in itself that I actually went to the gym on a Monday. I only did 10 minutes on the bike for 1 mile and 15 minutes on the treadmill @ 3mph. I only earned 2 activity points but that's ok, today is another day. I know, I know you're thinking I should have worked out longer. You're right, but my body wasn't agreeing today so get off my back :P.

Hope everyone had a great Monday!
NOTE: Some of you are reporting that the status link isn't working. I don't know why anyone would be having problems but you may want to try refreshing your browser.
UPDATE AGAIN: Now, I don't know why some of you were having trouble and others weren't but there seems to be a problem with my domain. I came home and tried the link and it no worky so I am in contact with my hosting company. Hopefully by tomorrow, you can see the status.

14 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

When i tried to click on the challenge status it sent me to some photo site ;(
In case you didn't get my stats i'm down -1.4 lbs this week!

quarterlifegirl said...

I had the same problem with the link.

I'm also all for continuing the challenge after this round is over. Knowing that I have to check in with you all on Monday keeps me from "forgetting" (ahem...avoiding) the scale.

Thinking Thin said...

Try the link again. It should be fine.

Shanna said...

Link works =)

I would definitely do the challenge again. It really has been a huge motivator for me, and don;t worry about prizes, I think competition is the biggest prize of them all, it actually helps keep me going, believe it or not! So thanks for that!

That is great that you made it to the gym!! No matter how long you stayed. I always try to make a deal with myself when I really don;t want to step foot into the gym. I agree to just go & start working out, and I give myself the option to leave if I really can't do it that day. Most days, you stay your enire workout, but there have been times where I left after only 15 minutes, but at least I went.

So KUDOS to you for going and moving!

Lynn said...

Nope, it's still wonky...

Katschi said...

Here's an example of a digital vision board:
http://weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-weight-loss-vision-board.html

I'm making a hard copy version using bristol board and magazine clippings full of positive images and words. People use vision boards to help them focus on their goals.

Kate said...

hmm... link doesn't seem to be working...

will check back when I get home.

~Kate
Fabulous @ 50

Cammy said...

Ooh, I had one of those 'bad gym' days a few weeks ago. It's not lasting, I promise. You'll get back on track today!

ptg said...

Hmmm...the link didn't work for me either. :o( I'll refresh the browser and see if that fixes it.

I am definitely for doing the challenge again!! The competition of it is really fantastic.

And congrats on getting to the gym - regardless of the "shouldas" you DID it. And that's the important part!!

Big Girl said...

I'm thinking that working out a little is still a lot better than not working out at all.

Manuela said...

No problem here with seeing the status (looks a lot neater without all the "no shows")

Hey, if the body isn't willing don't push it. I'm backing off on the running because of my left knee and trust me, I don't feel guilty!

Keep up the menus for the week. I'm sure it will help :)

Katschi said...

Here's to getting out of the 70's! Hopefully next week?
How many olives did you eat? 21 large? 35 small?

Scale Junkie said...

I'm just here to cheer everyone on!!

carla said...

I AM ready to congratulate you.

you went.
how long? NO MATTER!

MizFit