Thursday, August 21, 2008

Days of Mung...

I'm sorry I didn't have the loser challenge status updated by yesterday but didn't go into work as I still have the mung. As soon as I am finished writing this post though, I am going to get it updated.

I am cranky today. I'm not sleeping well because of the mung.

I stop at 7-11 this morning for coffee and the line tends to back up in the mornings for the register. I am trying to get to the coffee and these two women are standing there in the middle of the aisle way and don't move over. I said excuse me. They just looked at me. I did say excuse me again, a bit louder instead of "get the fuck out of my way" :). The woman started to do her head/eye roll at me but she did move about an inch over. You know the roll that some women do. Thanks lady! Then of course, another guy is in the aisle where the coffee is, just kind of standing there with no purpose. Do you think he moves to one side to let people get through...of course not. Just let me get my coffee, then take up all the room you want.

So now, I am at my desk and one of my co-workers comes in. Everyday she is the one that comes into my office to bitch about something and I just sit and listen and nod my head. Today she comes in to give me shit. She tells me that my timecard is in the safe. Ok, thanks. Oh, but that's not it. She then proceeds to tell me that last week she passed them out because I left them on my desk. We get them almost two weeks ahead of time. I was busy. Get off my back! I have been passing them out for the past 2 years and everyone has gotten paid, right? She says, "I don't know why you are even the one that is getting them". Oh, because it is such a job of honor to pass out the timecards. I didn't ask to be the one responsible for them. Please by all means have someone demote me from the timecard passing out job! I am so tired of her holier than thou crap. We have had words in the past when she gets into the Queen mode and I haven't been the only one.

Just step off. Don't mess with a woman that is sick, hasn't had good sleep in days and TOM is visiting. Talk about the perfect storm?

I am not prepared for Recipe Thursday, so I am slacking on my duties today and I am willing to bet none of you are going to give me shit for it either, are ya? :P

10 comments:

Manuela said...

Oh, are you feeling sick too? I'm feeling just a tiny bit better and hope to get this thing kicked out of my head soon!

I can't stand people like that. I always have to remind myself that they've got issues with their own selves and that's why they like to act all "uppity".

Get better soon and just "smile" at those people--they hate that!

Big Girl said...

You are so sassy.... I LOVE IT!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sunny said...

ROTFL - - Step up and be proud of your timecard passing out position! I'm a timecard passer outer too! {{{Hugs}}} The weekend is almost here - hang in there.

JC said...

I'm with Sunny the weekend is almost here. I have some of those (co-workers) where I work to but we are all salary people. The company is happy for us to work 80 hours a week if we want to. 48 is expected. Hope your feeling better very soon. I hate encounting rude people anywhere but for heaven's sake at the 7-11. Maybe they were not feeling well and were sleep deficient as well. Grace and blessings to you.

MaryFran said...

No shit coming from my direction! However I will wish you a get well!!!!!

RunningNan said...

love it!

Jori said...

Nope - not me...I would not DREAM of complaining about the lack of recipes today.

(evil little me, here...) @ the 7-11: Maybe if you had just stood there, then joined the women's conversation - cuz, they weren't moving - they would have gotten the hint? Hey, you don't move, I offer my 2 cents...

Feel better - it's almost Friday!!

new*me said...

sorry it's a bad day :( Gotta love all of those lovely people, perhaps they were having a bad day too! Tomorrow will be a better day and you can share a fab recipe with us whenever you are up to it :)

Scale Junkie said...

Feel better!! I know all about those 7-11 assholes. I had someone pull up behind me and BLOCK my car in and I yelled at her to move and she said "I'm only running right in" and I said "its 7-11, everyone is just running right in" dumb bitch! Don't get me started on these rude people around here...lololol

Amy S. said...

I won't bitch about no recipe this week, but if you don't get with it, we might have to put recipe thursday in the vault so it doesn't get out of control...

Thanks for a great laugh!