Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm not dying after all...

I actually was able to get some sleep last night. I woke up numerous times during the night but I wasn't tossing and turning. Huge progress! I am starting to feel better too, so I am on top of the world (it must be because it is Friday).

I did finally hear back from my doctor yesterday regarding all my tests. Boob smashing = OK, kidneys/bladder = OK, Diabetes = negative, Lupus panel = OK, thyroid = not ok. My thyroid is still very low. They have yet to get me in the right range, although I am closer than I was years ago. When I first was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid the number was 192. Sounds like a high number, right? The high number to me would suggest that I had an overactive thyroid but they do funky things in medicine. The "normal" range is between 0 and 5 although all the research I have done shows that 2 is closer to optimal. They have now upped my synthroid to 200mg. Everything else was fine on my blood tests except my triglercides. She said it was borderline high at 174. From what I have read that could be because of the low thyroid. Hopefully, with new thyroid meds I can start seeing some results on the scale. The past week, I haven't counted points and have pretty much ate what I want (within reason), so it's time to focus again! Now, that I am feeling a bit better it's time to get back in the gym too!

9 more days to roommate being gone, about 35 more days for 6pack to come home and about 35 more days for F to get his head out of his ass..hehe. However, I will tell you a little secret. If 6pack and I hit it off (which I am thinking we will) , he wins. I care about F and will always care about F, but I'm not sure he will ever be ready to give me what I need from him. 6pack can give me what I need and seems to want to give me what I need. He would also look damn good on my pillow. I did not just say that. Shame on me...:P

10 comments:

QL girl said...

So glad to hear everything's ok!! The thyroid issues still suck, but it could be so much worse than that (I think). I hope they get it regulated with the adjustments!!

I don't believe you should have to put your life on hold until he gets his head out of his butt (must maintain my decency ;-) ). I don't remember if you ever mentioned this, but does he know there's the possibility of someone else coming into your life? If he found out, do you think he'd close up, or do you think maybe he'd try harder? Just something I was thinking about. Its like shopping...when you know there are 5 pairs of shoes in your size, the urgency isn't all that great. But when you realize there's only one left, and there's another girl your size heading towards it, chances are you'll make up your mind a lot faster too.

Thinking Thin said...

Oh, I am not putting my life on hold for him to get his head out of his butt :). I think if he found out he would be more likely to make a decision, probably in my favor. However, at the same time I am not going to throw the "pair of shoes" in his face and say you better hurry someone is coming to buy them. He needs to do it on his own, or else it means nothing to me. My mom has said the same, if he knew I was dating someone else that it might get him to put his ass in gear. If he finds out that's fine, but I am not going to tell him.

Amy S. said...

At least you aren't like running nan who forgot to order her bc (would seriously suck in that situation), it's okay to say he'll look good on your pillow, and that you'll look good on him!

elife said...

I'm glad everything (except thyroid) is ok!

ptg said...

Glad to hear things are looking up for you!

ANd I love the pillow comment. That's fantastic. :o)

MaryFran said...

Say what? I didn't hear anything about 6 pack and a pillow!!!

By the way, congrats on having everything (well, except the thyroid...which you already knew about ) being in the normal ranges and healthy! (even the borderline triglycerides are still normal..just borderline!)

new*me said...

glad your okay! Here's to new love!

carla said...

so glad all came back ok!
I know you still dont feel great but at least you can slowly get back to YOU and start working out again. hang in there on the man thing as well.

be there.
hated that.

Miz.

Scale Junkie said...

YAY for not dying!!! Always good news!

No, you can't put your life on hold for F to get his s together. 6pack sounds like a great guy...lets hope things go nicely in 35 days.

I'm confused, I thought the roommate was gone already..yeah, I'm easily confused.

Big Girl said...

Glad you got some answers and hopefully w/ the new adjustments things will be better for you.

6 pack, I'm sure will not only look perfect on your pillow, but on other parts of your body as well... ahhhh =), super fun!!!