Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Monday again?

Bleh, it's Monday again. I didn't weigh myself this morning. Of course, I really relaxed on my eating last week. I didn't journal. I didn't exercise. Some of it was because I wasn't feeling very well, the other part was I just didn't feel like it. I don't know that this week will be any different. I am kind of waiting to hear what my doctor says. I did get results from my smashing and prodding. Both X-rays came out fine, so no worries there. Yay! Now, I am just waiting on bloodwork. Over the last several days, I have cut down my green tea consumption way down and that has seemed to help a great deal. I am not getting up 5x a night anymore.

I am dragging ass today though. Now, that everything else seems to be going ok again, I started getting a sore throat yesterday and spent most of the night coughing even after taking some cough medicine. If it's not one thing, it's another. Phooey! I feel ok other than a sore throat and being tired as hell. I wanted to try a class at the gym this week but not sure if I will get there tonight or not. It was cardio salsa. I will let you know how it goes when I finally make it to one.

I have to give an update on 6pack. We talked online for hours yesterday. This man is absolutely amazing. Have you ever seen The Notebook? Remember Noah, the man we always wish we would find? 6pack is Noah. Now, of course I do have this cynical side (the 20 years of dating men has done that...hehe) but any woman would be lucky to have 6pack in their life. 6pack is currently a part of my life but not in any romantic sense, although the flirting is definitely there. It appears that 6pack may want more. The best thing is...he is emotionally available! Ladies, they do exist!

So let's see...F is more like the guy from King of Queens (who by the way pissed me off yesterday..but that's another story I am not going to get into right now). 6pack is Noah. 6pack writes poetry, 6pack believes in romance, 6pack is starting to sound like a much better choice more and more...lol.

16 comments:

QL girl said...

I dunno...I'd be careful about 6pack. Don't take anything I say too seriously, but I had a boyfriend once that was GREAT on paper. Super romantic, loved to shower me with attention, and was into poetry and stuff. Maybe we have different tastes, but after a while it was all too much!!! Too mushy, too sappy....I was starting to wonder who was the chick in the relationship!! (Then again "The Notebook" was a tad sappy for me, lol. I'm more of a "When Harry met Sally" kinda girl).

Anyway, ignore that...I'm sure he's a balanced guy...it just amuses me to think back to those times.

Didn't weigh myself this morning, but I'm reporting back tomorrow!

carla said...

(now I neeed to see the notebook)

I say be kind to yourself.
youve been under so much stress with all the doctor worries.

get your blood work back and then move mentally back on track!

let me know if I can lend a hand!

Miz.

Thinking Thin said...

It's funny how people can be so different. I love the sappy stuff but within reason. Granted, I don't want them hanging on every word I say and putting me up on pedastal. There is a happy middleground.

Lynn said...

Well, I hope it's good poetry. There's nothing more painful than trying to lie to a guy who is nice, sweet, and writes poetry that sounds like songs that New Kids on the Block rejected...

Just_Kelly said...

I hope you feel better soon!

6pack sounds wonderful just remember that there has to be more than romance there to sustain you in the long run.

http://choosinglosing.blogspot.com/

Thinking Thin said...

LOL @ Lynn. Actually he has a way with words (which kind of shocked me). Some of the poetry I have seen though is dark, not the lovey dovey stuff but very, very good.

RunningNan said...

AHhhh.. YEs.. they do exist, and I found me one as well!

I'm glad to hear that the xrays came back ok!

ptg said...

Although I haven't seen the Notebook (now I'm thinking I should!)...my only advice is to go with your heart.

6pack might sound perfect, but it's not a crime if your heart isn't into it, you know? But the same thing goes for F - we all know how much time and energy you've been putting there. It's not a crime to walk away.

Just follow your heart.

I also agree with Carla - be kind to yourself. You've been under immense pressure lately, not only with health but also within your own home with your roommate moving out. You need to give yourself time to recover and then move on.

That being said - WI was 184.0 - so another 1.5lb down. WOOHOO!

Big Girl said...

Glad your first round of results came back clean.

6 Pack sounds nice. =) I love to hear the updates and live vicariously through you.

Hope the rest of your Monday goes well.

RunningNan said...

I weighed in this morning at 157.5. I also had my long run yesterday so that's why I'm up. Honestly, I'm going to gain weight as I train for this half marathon. With that being said, you may just want to take me out of the running since weigh in is always the day after my long run.

See, I thought the dough was awesome. I love a doughy crust on my pizza.

RunningNan said...

I can do sundays if you would like. I weighed 156.5 yesterday. But I will still gain weight from my marathon training. I heard it's pretty much expected. BUMMER!

Jori said...

I, too, suffered a sore throat and was exhausted last week. Take the time necessary to get better - it'll knock you on your butt if you don't! Especially with having lupus (another thing we have in common!!) you need to rest and take care of YOU.

6pack sounds nice...

new*me said...

fingers crossed here for your results and love life ;)

Cammy said...

Sorry you're not feeling well! Sending healing thoughts your way...

Scale Junkie said...

Hope you're feeling better! 6 Pack sounds very promising...I like him already :-)

Manuela said...

I'm down 1.5 although i was good I think part of that is because i was sick!