Monday, August 11, 2008

It's Monday, bleh!

Morning. Not a whole lot to report here. I didn't get a chance to weigh myself this morning, so tomorrow will be my official weigh in. I went and saw Pineapple Express yesterday with F. It was hilarious and I am happy to report I did not get any popcorn for the movie. That is a HUUUUUGGEE NSV for me! F is lukewarm again..bleh. That man has issues, deep seated ones. I told him this weekend he needs to stop living in a bubble. He knows it. I still enjoy his company so we will continue to hang out. I no longer stress over the hot/cold periods. I just go with the flow, knowing full well that there isn't going to be a future here, at least anytime soon until he figures out what his problem is...lol.

In other news, 6pack is coming home in 40 days!!! 6pack and I are perfect for each other "on paper". Who knows about, in person. Have I told you I have never met him in person? We have known each other almost a year and have never met. The plan is to meet when he gets back. Yikes! How can I lose 50 lbs in 40 days? LOL

So, I am perusing the Internet and I come across the Mexican guy that was 1200 lbs and is now down to 700. I have always wondered how someone manages to get to 1200 lbs. So, then I see a video of a little girl, and it is sickening.



If you watch the video, watch what the kid is eating. At this stage of her life, Mom should be doing the right thing and eating nutritious meals. I just want to go beat the crap out of this kid's mom right now. She is 7 years old and over 400 lbs.

Ok, after looking for her on the net, found that she is 9 now and down to 150 lbs. Still entirely too much, but WTF? How could you let your 7 year old child get to that point without getting some help?

14 comments:

carla said...

man
many thoughts.

the F-lukewarm? IMO the most important thing is that it sounds like youa re still enjoying being with him when youre together?
when that stated to taper for me (and Ive so been there with the BUBBLE LIVING BOY) I was DONE.

and the NSV of popcorn? huge. thats my big 'vice' (as per the tag ages ago) and the very smell weakens my resolve.

ok

Ill wrap up here and say IM JEALOUS you saw Pineapple Express.

I was stuck,errr, saw WALL-E with the Toddler :)
MizFit

Manuela said...

I saw the story about that little girl on Extra. She is much smaller now and I hope will continue to get healthier. As far as I'm concerned, those parents should be charged with abuse. HOW do you let your child get like that other than giving her all the garbage yourself? Shame on them!

I'm back to weighing myself Tuesdays from now on and will post tomorrow's weigh in too.

Have a great day :)

quarterlifegirl said...

Bummer about F. Glad to hear Pineapple Express was funny....I'm not sure why, but I like Seth Rogan and Franco (I guess because they just seem like regular guys we might've known in high school or something...)

ANYWAY, I DID weigh-in, and for the first time I saw the scale flicker downwards (yay!) I'm at 154.0 lbs (although for one split second the scale read 153.5, lol)

About the 1k lbs guy...is that the one with the world record? I heard this morning there was a guy that had the record for being the heaviest guy, and now he's trying to get the world record for the person who has lost the most weight (he'd have to lose about 950 lbs). Interesting stuff.

Katschi said...

I'm just going to say it at the risk of pissing you off: read the book "He's just not that into you" & save yourself. You deserve more than dribbles & drabbles. You're gorgeous & obviously have alot to offer someone who would appreciate you! Why settle, even temporarily???

ptg said...

I agree with Katschi, but I think you're starting to get there on your own as well. Glad to hear you enjoyed the flick though.

Weigh-in was 185.5. YAY!

Shanna said...

Hmmm... 50 pounds in 40 days. I heard of this 5 bite diet somewhere! LOL!! I am sooooo just kidding! =)

Thats awesome skipping the popcorn. I swear, just smelling the stuff sets me off into a frenzy!

I agree with Carla- as long as you are still haveing fun hanging with F, go for it! If that starts to fade... adios!

I can't wait to hear more about 6 pack though... and by 'hear' I mean see pics, perferably shirtless!!! With a nickname like 6 pack... oh baby! =) LOL

Big Girl said...

I want to see pics of 6 pack as well. I can't wait for that story to unfold...such fun! =)

I don't think I have the guts to watch the video of that girl. The parents should be investigated for child abuse. It's absolutely not right to let your child get to be so overweight and put themselves in harms way like that. Just not right.

Lovebug6100 said...

I'm apparently going for the Biggest Gainer contest....I'm up - 257.2.....but I'm still trying!

Sunny said...

WTG on the NSV! That video was just so sad....I'm glad to hear that she is doing better now. Have a great week!

Katschi said...

Well, ok then :0) I was starting to get worried about you!
I forgot to say Congrats! on the popcorn NSV. Pats on the back to ya!

Heather said...

congrats on passing on the popcorn! that is so awesome and SO hard to do. I know that the first time I made it at the movies without popcorn, I felt awesome so I know how great you must feel. I have heard about that mexican man before, but hte little girl....that is so sad and disturbing.

Cammy said...

Wow, you passed up the popcorn. I'm impressed!! Huge NSV! One I won't even attempt. I just avoid the theater all together. :)

JC said...

Girl you are something else. I'm with Cammy, I just avoid going to the movies. I try not to even walk past it in the mall. As for F, everything will work out as it should. I'm curious about 6 pack. I can't help it. I'm living vicariously through reading your blog. What can I say, I'm old. HA!!

The video is very hard to watch. Like you I want to smack the parents and take the child. Glad to know she is down so much weight but I wonder about the long term affects on her.

JC said...

Girl you are something else. I'm with Cammy, I just avoid going to the movies. I try not to even walk past it in the mall. As for F, everything will work out as it should. I'm curious about 6 pack. I can't help it. I'm living vicariously through reading your blog. What can I say, I'm old. HA!!

The video is very hard to watch. Like you I want to smack the parents and take the child. Glad to know she is down so much weight but I wonder about the long term affects on her.