Monday, August 4, 2008

A New Day, A New Beginning

I have been doing everything half assed lately and for those that know me, know that I don't do anything half assed, except this weight loss "journey". I am usually raring to go at the beginning of the week and by mid week the enthusiasm starts to wane. It can usually be seen by me not measuring but eyeballing. It can also be seen in my journal. It will have breakfast and lunch listed, but not dinner. I will get lazy and not make my oolong tea and drink soda. I constantly tell myself and you guys that this week will be different but each week ends the same with 3/4 a week journaled (weekends are usually missing). I realize that I won't be perfect all the time but I would like to have one perfect week. So, instead of looking at the big picture which can sometimes be daunting, I am going to focus on this week and this week only. I only have to do one perfect week (and maybe one week will become two, two will become three, you get the picture). So, my plan for this week is to post my meals and my exercise on this blog. If I need a kick in the ass, then please by all means give me one.

Now, that the soul searching portion of today's entry is complete, on to the good stuff. I lost a pound...yay so I am down a total of 12.4 pounds. WOO HOO!!! That is a 10lb sack of potatoes and two boxes of butter! Well, technically if we use my last week's weigh in I lost like 7 pounds but that's really not accurate because TOM likes to get in the way and piss me off...lol. I am finally in the plus percentage for the challenge and now am at my lowest since I started in December. This is a big thing for me. I think, no I know, I am no longer going to play with those same five pounds.

I had a wonderful weekend, which included F :). I think he is coming to his senses and I will leave it at that for now.

Meal Plan for Monday

Breakfast
1 1/2 cup ore ida hashbrowns (lightly sprayed with Pam to cook) 2 pts
1/2 cup Egg Beaters (2)
3 slices ready cooked bacon (2)
coffee w/ 3 creamers (3)

9 pts (I really need to get rid of the coffee, is it really worth the 3pts?)

Lunch
4 slices of whitewheat bread (4) - for cucumber sandwiches
3 tbs light cream cheese (3)
1/2 cucumber (0)
1 cup grapes (1)

8 pts

Snack
1/2 cucumber (0)
1 cup grapes (1)

1 pt

Dinner
provolone/olive chicken breast (6)
4 pierogies sauteed with onions (no oil) (4.5)
2 cups mixed roasted vegetables (0)

10.5 pts

28.5 points Total (I get 33) Hmm, I might be able to have a 90 calorie rice krispie treat for dessert :)


19 comments:

MaryFran said...

Focus on keeping your journal....no matter what you eat. When the weekend comes and you normally fall off the journal wagon. I'm assuming it's because you are eating things you shouldn't be. This upcoming weekend say "I don't care what I end up eating, but it will be written down." Get yourself back in the habit of writing everything. Making your entries 'healthier' will come later!

Thinking Thin said...

Maybe, I am odd but it's the weekends I do better with my food choices or at least staying within point range because I am active and there usually isn't much time to eat. Granted, this isn't the case all the time but because I am out and about and doing things from dawn to dusk, I just don't keep track.

However, that changes for my perfect week :).

askwanda said...

Looks to me like you have a plan. And I've found that having a plan is key. It's those little daily surprises that throw us off kilter.

Easier said than done - I know that first hand.

Manuela said...

I stayed the same but TOM just left so who knows?

I love your first goal "Read my goals"--that's actually really important. I also think it's good to focus on the short term. Don't worry about how many trips you need to get into the gym. Just get one good one in and the rest will follow.

I KNOW that August will be good for you :)

(I like when people post their menus because it gives me ideas)

Good luck!

RunningNan said...

What about cutting out the creamer and replacing it with milk?

RunningNan said...

oh.. and I will weigh in tomorrow.. last week i was at 155.5 to be fair for this week

Cammy said...

"If I need a kick in the ass, then please by all means give me one."

As tempting as that is, *g*, I won't be the one to bash you for not being perfect. In fact, I'm not sure there is such a thing as perfection. But that's just me. It's good to have goals, and chasing them keeps us out of trouble. :)

Congrats on the lost pound and the new milestone!

ptg said...

Congrats on the lost pound! Maybe he has friends that will join him in getting gone this week! *g*

Also, congrats on having a plan formulated..I've found that's the hardest part.

For my WI - exactly the same, no up no down. Ah well.

spunkysuzi said...

I work in tim hortons and a lot of people are starting to get 1 cream, 1 milk in their coffees instead of all cream! It's worth a shot ;)
I was down -1.4 this week!

Katschi said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! And a good night with *F*
I switched to green tea because I just can't drink coffee without the cream and sugar.
Do you know why you're losing steam mid-week? Do you get bored?
Looking at your food intake, I just have to say that I LOVE cucumber sandwiches in the summer!
Here's to great week for you!

quarterlifegirl said...

Congrats on the sack of potatoes and butter! hehe. I need to get back on my meal planning again...I was too busy driving around town yesterday to remember grocery shopping...oops.

Either way, I weighed in today at 154.5. I guess its good that I haven't gained as much weight as I expected, but it kind of sucks that I've gone up at least a pound in July. Time to get back on it!

carla said...

I need to do that with most of my life right now.
Focus week to week.
it can be bad for me because I oft lose sight of the BIG PICTURE but Ive yanked out my vision board to help in that department.

GREAT PLAN for your week.

MizFit

new*me said...

good focus! I'll check back to see if you need a little kick ;)

Big Girl said...

Glad you had a nice weekend, including F. =)

Heather said...

congrats on your pound! and I wouldnt worry so much about having a "perfect" week. I would just focus every day on bringing back a healthy habit that you might be lacking, such as measuring your food, drinking more water, getting in exercise. I find that if I start small and bring those behaviors back in, it all starts to come back and its easier to focus on one thing rather than a million sometimes.

Crystal said...

I've been in a similar slump. Not doing what I should be doing and have a bit of a slacking moment. I'm going to jump on your bandwagon and really push it this week too. Let's see if we can do some scale damage!

Stacy Cartwright said...

just stay focued on each day and the week will come together as your perfect week.

here is my current weight 173.6

Shanna said...

I try shooting for a perfect day, then the next day, and the next! Then all of a sudden a week went back... perfectly! Good Luck! Can't wait to hear about F! =)

My weigh in, down .5 lbs, bringing my total to 191 lbs.

RunningNan said...

155.5 again!