Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Poking, prodding, smashing..oh my

Last night before going to bed, I took the 4 tbs of castor oil as I was instructed. That was nasty. It was like having a glass of vegetable oil for dinner. This morning I head to the first appointment where they plan to drain all my blood from my body (or at least it looked like it from the multitude of tubes laying there). Then, the lady with absolutely no personality gives me a cup to pee in. Hmm, shouldn't be a problem. I am only peeing 30-40x a day. It was a problem. Great, now I have to tell this nasty woman that I am not able to pee in the cup. I drink some water. Still nothing. #*(%& So I ask bitchy lady can I just take it with me and bring it back or come back after my next appointment. No, you can not. I will have to write on the paperwork "unable to void" and you will have to come back. Oh for pete's sake lady, what the hell is the big deal. I am not doing a drug test, I am giving you my pee to find out what is wrong with ME, not my neighbor. So needless to say, my doctor will probably be upset with me now.

So off I go to the boob smasher and the kidney prodder. This lady was nice for the first 10 seconds, then she changed. She was manhandling my boobs and quite frankly just not very nice or comforting. Luckily, my breast contortion didn't take very long and I could get dressed again to walk across the hall to get undressed again. This time though, I got this fashionable paper gown that opens in the back....mmm sexy! This lady was very nice, probably because she kept stabbing me with the needle to inject the dyes. Apparently if you miss the vein or go through it, you start to feel a stinging sensation. I felt, just that! I don't have the most cooperative veins and the bitch blood monster from earlier had already tapped the good one. Now, she has put a hole in the other decent one. She is now asking for help from the others. They move to my other arm. Another hole in the vein...still no worky. Now, they move down to my forearm and inject the dye there. Picture this...I have wads of cotton all over my arms taped up. Looks like a drug trip, gone bad.

So, I am home now. I was supposed to go into work but quite frankly after the castor oil, the dye, the smashing, the poking, the prodding I am not feeling very well. On the way home, I was starving (because I had to fast) and quite frankly, didn't give a damn how many calories, how much fat or how much fiber was in what I ate. I picked up one of those pizza for ones from Dejourno, or however you want to spell it. I look at that calories now...*#%& but again right now I just don't care. It could have been worse, I could have gotten the full size.

So now I wait...

P.S. I will update the blogger challenge status tomorrow.

11 comments:

RunningNan said...

We'll be here waiting too!

carla said...

feeling for you.
the waiting IMO is far worse than the mashing probing.

sending you calming thoughts.

Miz.

Manuela said...

Oh, poor you! All the best and I'm sorry you had nobody with a decent bedside manner.

Hang in there and I'm with you--who cares about fat and fiber when you go through something like that!

Big Girl said...

I wouldn't have got to work either.

We're all waiting with you.

Cammy said...

If you'll check the Fitness Rule Book, you'll see that Rule #3 (par. 4) clearly states that post-mammogram calories are halved, if consumed within 3 hours of test. You could also use the Special Fasting Clause, which halves the remaining calories. So basically you've had a 100-calorie snack. :)

Hang in there....

JC said...

My goodness, I am tired from reading about all those test. You had to be exhausted. I would have done fast food followed by ice cream, donuts and cheesecake. I'm praying that whatever the problem is it will be minor. Grace and blessings to you.

new*me said...

how awful to wait now. I hope all is well ;)

Heather said...

oh man I Dont blame you at all! you are so brave and I would definitely be heading for pizza myself after all of that.

weelittleme said...

that sounds just awful! Here's hoping it is just only good news. I'll be waiting to hear and sending lots of good good thoughts.

Sunny said...

Positive vibes headed your way. Hope you have some answers soon.

Shanna said...

Cammy is absolutely correct on all points!

I really hope everything turns out ok and you get an answer SOON! The waiting part sucks!

Good Luck!!!!!