Thursday, August 14, 2008

Recipe Thursday and current state of mind

Ruh roh, just realized today is Recipe Thursday. I might have to wing it today because yesterday kind of screwed up my timeline. I didn't realize it was Thursday until I logged into Blogger.

I am in pretty good spirits and not stressing out too much over whatever my issue is. No use stressing, right? Not much I can do about the outcome. I have mentally prepared myself for any bad news (kind of). I was talking to my mother the other night about it and she tells me that I shouldn't be looking on the Internet for possible problems because I just get stressed about it. She is probably right. I wish I could be more like her and just not worry about it until you get the news from the doctor. I am the one that goes searching for every possible problem with my symptom and expect the worse, hope for the best. F didn't see me online yesterday and texted me late yesterday afternoon asking me if I was mad at him. I messaged back telling him I was at dr's office all day. He called me last night to see if everything was ok. Awww, brownie points for him. Then this morning, he messaged me to see if I was feeling any better. Awww, more brownie points. See when you become less available, they become more available. It's funny how that works.

Oh, and I promise I will update the challenge status later today!

Oh and another thing (these darn afterthoughts), the scale is playing with me again. It shows me 4lbs down. Cross your fingers for me that it will show that on Monday when I do my official weigh in....the little bastard.

Ok, onto a recipe. Hmm, let me think. Ok, I made this recently, it's fairly low in points, very filling and cheap to make.

Package of Butterball Turkey Sausage
7 pototoes
2 green pepper
1 onion
2 tbs olive oil
Seasoning (your choice)

I cut up everything into small pieces and throw in a pan and until potatoes are browned and cooked all the way through. I use it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and it makes a bunch. I want to say about 7 servings and about 7 pts for each serving.

6 comments:

RunningNan said...

I forgot to weigh in again. I'm planning on doing it Saturday morning before my cross training. I am like you and I like to self diagnose. I've had every disease imaginable! They should put limits on those things!

ptg said...

Good for you! Keep that positive attitude. And as for F - I don't think it's necessarily brownie points, it's normal points for him because that's what he should be doing. ;o)

Oh, and check out my blog - I nominated you for an award!!

ptg said...

PS - my weigh-in for last week was 185.5! (Just saw it wasn't in the chart!)

Kim said...

That recipe sounds good! I was reading some of your other posts and if it was not so late, I would read more as you have a great sense of humor and sometimes I need to read more posts like that. It keeps me uplifted and smiling. Good luck with the weight loss journey!

new*me said...

the recipe sounds yummy! It would be good with eggs in it too....a good Sunday brunch ;)

Big Girl said...

I know it's hard not to think about things but stay busy and try not to. And even worse, looking at the internet for self diagnosis is not a good thing. I've "had" so many different things that turned out to be nothing when I went to see the doctor. I'm keeping positive thoughts for you!