Thursday, August 7, 2008

Recipe Thursday

It's Recipe Thursday but first, I have to share with you what I saw this morning! I got on the scale, as I do every morning. I'm not sure if I have said this in the past but I normally do this to kind of keep me on track. Anyway, I could not believe my eyes! It said, 267 pounds. Huh, what? Monday morning I weighed in at 276.6. Could this really be possible? Probably not, but damn it looked nice on the scale. I realize that would be way too much to ask for. Maybe my body just feels guilty for holding on for so long and thought it would be nice to give me a surprise? hehe, one could hope. So, realistically I don't believe I will be seeing that good of number come Monday morning but it sure made my day. I have changed up what I am eating and not eating most of my flex points (I have only used 1.5 this week) so maybe, just maybe that was the trick to get the weight moving in the right direction.

Some of you asked about the tips I receive in my email from Jillian and how to get them. Here is her page.

On to the recipe....

Someone mentioned creme brulee the other day and I absolutely love creme brulee, so I had found a recipe on the WW site. I have not tried it yet so don't hate me if you don't like it. If you do try it, let me know how it is!

Blueberry Almond Creme Brulee
POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate






Ingredients:
  • 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp table salt
  • 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 large egg(s)
  • 2 medium egg white(s)
  • 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
  • 2 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
  2. In blender, combine evaporated milk through to nutmeg and blend for 1 minute. Add eggs and egg whites; blend until smooth. Stir in blueberries.
  3. Pour mixture evenly into six 6-ounce baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Place dishes in 9 x 13-inch baking pan filled 1/2-inch high with water. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
  4. Preheat broiler. Remove baking dishes from pan and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon almonds and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
  5. Place baking dishes on baking sheet and broil until sugar melts, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Perfect Day 3: Update

Breakfast: (11)

1/2 cup Egg Beaters (2)
1 1/2 cups Ore Ida Potatoes (2)
3 slices precooked bacon (2)
Coffee w/creamer (3)
1/4 cup lite maple syrup (2)

Lunch: (13)
Huge plain 'ol salad (0)
1/8 cup thousand island dressing (3.5)
Potato Skins (9.5)

Dinner: (6.5)
Pizza burrito (5)
1 cup fiesta corn (1.5)

Snack: (4)
1 cup 1% milk (2)
1 rice krispie (2)

Total Points Used: 34.5 Points (allowed 33) Activity: day off from gym

8 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

Would be awesome if the scale would just stay there ;)
Looks like a really nice recipe!

carla said...

here's to the bodysurprise!

(clinks protein shake filled glasses)

Miz.

Big Girl said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that number stays there for you on Monday...wouldn't that be NICE!!!

The recipe looks delish!

fatfighter said...

OMG, that Brulee looks so fabulous! And blueberries are so plump and delicious right now. Yum!

Katschi said...

My jaw dropped open!!! OMG! I hope it says the same on your official weigh-in day, too!!!
Manuela & I went shopping in the States yesterday and I found those Ore Ida potaoes with no added fat and I see you're eating them too. We can't buy those here. We were talking about creme brulee, too! Did you hear us talking? *g*

Cammy said...

I dunno, our bodies do funny things sometimes. You roll along losing a modest amount for a bit and then--plop!--a big loss. I hope it hangs on for you. That would be awesome. If not, consider this a dress rehearsal for an upcoming performance. :)

Jori said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the scale wasn't playing a nasty trick.

Manuela said...

Ooh, I gotta get me one of those scales!