Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday - Post 2 Dr Update

Well, I went to the doctor to find out why the hell I have to pee about 30x a day, including getting up 5-6x a night (which by the way I am getting pretty fed up with). I am 1/2 ready to just sleep on the flipping toilet.

So, I tell my doctor all my woes..the peeing, the 9lb weight loss over night with a 2lb gain for the week, my fatigue, my smoking...all of it. So, tomorrow morning I am going to be poked, prodded, boobs smashed, warm dye going through my veins, you name it..it's being done. I had to pee in a cup, which normally is a problem. Not lately, I can pee in a cup probably every 1/2 hour. They found microscopic traces of blood so they are going to do a culture. She asked me if I have ever had kidney stones. Nope. I am also not feeling any pain, so I assume it's not a kidney stone (God, help me if it is!) I asked her to do a full workup on my thyroid instead of just the TSH to make sure we are in the right range. We have never gotten to the right range. She is doing cholesterol, she is doing a Lupus profile. It is quite possible that my Lupus is starting to give me issues. It has never involved my organs, I really do pray that it's not starting now. She will be checking for diabetes. Can't forget the other test, I get to put my boobs in a vice for a baseline mammogram because I am 36. I have never had one, but I don't imagine it is all that fun. Then to top all of that off, I have to go to the store later and get castor oil. For whatever reason, I need to take 4 tbs of castor oil tonight before I go to bed. Yummy!

*sigh...time to use the bathroom again.

15 comments:

Sunny said...

Glad you'll have some testing done. Hopefully it's just a minor UTI or bladder infection and nothing serious or lupus related. Keep up the good work - I know it's discouraging when you don't see the results of your hard work right away, but it will catch up to you eventually...just hang in there.

Manuela said...

Good luck Bonnie. Hopefully something will come up and you'll be able to take care of it!

new*me said...

awww sweetie, I hope all goes well at the doc! I'll be checking in for a good report later.

Big Girl said...

All that medical stuff doesn't sound like fun. Good luck with all of that tomorrow. Don't worry about the mamogram, it's not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The imagery machines now are much better at getting images w/out having to "flatten the tissue" as much. The only challenge is if you have dense breast tissue then they'll need to squish a bit harder. Bottom line is it doesn't hurt at all.

Let us know and I hope you find out what the culprit is so you can get some relief and move forward.

Katschi said...

You shouldn't post these things...it makes the rest of us jealous we can't go! *g* Ahhh, nothing beats having your boobs smashed.
Seriously, positive thoughts for you, Bonnie! Hope all goes well for you tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

Amy S. said...

ewww castor oil, my cousin used to have to do that everyday as a kid. She would mix it with her applesauce to get it down. Good luck!

wallowgirl said...

If you had a kidney stone, you will FEEL it! I had one and it was worse than all my gallbladder issues. They probably asked you because when you urinate a lot that is a sign of a future stone. Anyways, good luck.

carla said...

praying for you as well.


visualizing a health clear of symptoms you.

keep us posted.

M.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

May Heaven give wisdom and insight to your docs, may you find peace and serenity during the annoying tests, and may your health be fine!

The castor oil is to clean out your poo for some test, prolly. :P

My sis has lupus, and I always worry when she has anything remotely seeming like kidney issues. So, my sympathy is with you and my desire that it NOT be a bad, bad thing.

The P--thanks for teh update

spunkysuzi said...

Once you know what's what you'll be able to figure out a way to deal with it!! Stay strong ;)

Crystal said...

Yeah the tests may not be that fun but at least you can figure out what, if anything, is going on in your body and get it resolved. Hope everything comes out okay!

Stacy Cartwright said...

I hope all goes well with the Dr. and all the testing. The boob smashing not that bad. I have have been having them done every year since I was 27 years old.

my current weight stayed the same no change for me this week :) I am truely happy about that becuase I ate like a pig!

Shanna said...

Awww... I am so sorry to hear everything you are going through! It sucks, but at least your doc ordered just about every test known to man! They are bound to figure out what is wrong and fix it!

About the boob squishing... been there, done that. Not so bad. I think the BIGGER the boobies, the less is hurts. I was feelin' no pain! ;)

Seriously though, I am definitely keeping you in my prayers. Try not to worry too much. Let us know what happens! Good Luck, sweetie!

ptg said...

Ugh....pancake boobs are not a happy thing. I always dread them and to be honest, they're never as bad as I think they're going to be.

I hope they find something out so you have a cause for all of these problems. I know that sounds horrible, but it's worse when you don't know what is going wrong you just know that something is! But I want it to be something minor and minimal, definitely not something lupus related. My fingers are crossed for you and my prayers are out in the world that you are miracuously HEALED. :o)

RunningNan said...

I'm sending you warm wishes today.