Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another Challenge?

I have to get something off my chest. This has nothing to do with our healthy lifestyle changes, 6pack or F even. This has to do with that mother that killed her baby by putting it in the microwave. I just read that she was spared the death penalty. I am sure there are probably some that don't believe in the death penalty, that is fine. We all have our opinions but this woman put a baby in the microwave and she escaped the death penalty? WTF? Some people should just not breed. I can't tell you how much this pisses me off. (tells myself to breathe).

Ok, moving on...

It seems there is some demand to do another challenge. I am up for doing another one. Ginesa offered to put up a gift certificate for the next winner, but quite frankly do we really need prizes? I just would like a break for a week or two before we get started again. I also think that this one was a bit too long. Would it be more motivational if we were on teams? Or every man or in our case woman for herself again? Your thoughts? Maybe weight shouldn't be the ultimate goal...maybe it's the number of minutes of exercise or number of days sticking to your program....give me your ideas. What do you want?

12 comments:

new*me said...

If you need a break from organizing a challenge, Chubby Chick started a Christmas Challenge last week. No prizes. Everyone just sets a weight goal for Christmas and checks in on Mondays. There are even cute buttons for pounds lost :) Great way to get motivated for the holidays :)
http://www.chubbychickschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com

Scale Junkie said...

The new show is starting up in a few weeks, maybe you could Lose along with the Biggest Losers?

I was also going to suggest CC's Christmas Challenge if you didn't want to host another one but new*me beat me to it :-)

QL girl said...

Are you joking about that mother? I hadn't heard that, but its crazy. I agree...some people should not breed.

I definitely want a new challenge....otherwise I'm afraid I'll relapse. Thanks for the heads up on the Christmas one ladies! I'll check that out, but if you host a challenge yourself TT, I'll definitely take part too. Maybe something related to exercise, since the other is focused on weight loss?

Lovebug6100 said...

I think we should do teams....like Biggest Loser....and they should be divided evenly so all the really heavy and really light people aren't on the same teams...I'm willing to help in whatever way I can!

spunkysuzi said...

I'm doing the christmas challenge but i would love to do a biggest loser type challenge ;) You know you can count me in whatever you decide. But take a rest and think about it ;)

Lost Half of Me said...

I hadn't heard the mother was spared the death penalty, but I am a MAJOR supporter of it. Of course, personally, I think this country is WAY too easy on our criminals. It ticks me off when all these prisoners complain about the means with which they will be executed and how it will be "painful". I say, give them a choice...the way your state executes OR they can choose to die the way their victims died. I bet they'd all quickly change their minds then! Ugh! (climbing off soap box) On

On the other note, I'd love to be part of a challenge if you do an exercise one as you mentioned. I am at my goal weight so I couldn't join a weight loss one.

By the way, love your blog...

Shanna said...

That is horrible!!!! OMG, I don't even want to think about it! =(

As far as the challenge, I am doing the christmas one, but Iwould totally by game for another BL challenge- no prizes needed. I like using weight, since it is my goal & I love how you break it all down to percentages & stuff. Partners or teams might be interesting too. But I know its alot of work, so whatever works out best for you. =)

Betty said...

I would like to join in on the challenge, but I would be more for going solo. But whatever works for you is fine. I´m just glad I found your site and a way to get me motivated again.

Betty said...

I would like to join in on the challenge, but I would be more for going solo. But whatever works for you is fine. I´m just glad I found your site and a way to get me motivated again.

Nightmare Jack aka Danielle said...

count me in - I want another chalenge too

JC said...

I had not heard about a baby being microwaved how awful!!!! As for a challenge, I've noticed there are a lot out there. I'm reading a book and doing the 100 Days Challenge. I will be done with it right before Thanksgiving. Between it and weight watchers that is all I can handle.

Manuela said...

I did an exercise one a while back--that could be interesting. I might also do the Christmas one but right now don't know.

I'm up for anything and agree that prizes aren't necessary :)