Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bleh Weekend...

It's early Sunday morning and I have been anxiously awaiting to hear from A, at least hoping to hear from A. I didn't even know if I would hear from him when he got into the States or not. I checked my email this morning from my phone, while in bed (I know I am pathetic) and there was an email from him. I was so excited, until I opened it. He is still there. He hasn't left! In his email, he says his flight keeps on getting pushed back and is now pushed back to Monday, then he says, it will get pushed back then too. He has given up. His last sentence to me was, "I am so *#%^ depressed". I feel so helpless. As I read this, the tears came (seeing as I am very emotional anyway) not because he isn't home but because I can "see" his pain and I can't do anything for him. I can't say or do anything to help him through his pain. I just want to reach through the computer and wrap my arms around him and never let him go. *frown

I was able to talk to him for a couple of hours on the computer then and help take his mind off of it or at least I hope so. He is due to leave again tomorrow if the flight doesn't get pushed back again. I hope for his sake it doesn't. I don't know how much more he can handle mentally. I worry about him. He told me that one of the girls that was also heading home had a dream that the flight they were scheduled to take crashed so maybe it's a blessing in disguise that it was postponed. Everyone cross their fingers that he gets to come home tomorrow.

Then, yesterday my mother calls me around 7p and tells me that she is in the emergency room. Why? She tells me she has really bad pains in her left side so they are doing CT scans and they suspect the galbladder. I asked her when she went in....get this, 2 p! I asked her why she didn't call me. She didn't want to worry me. *sigh. They did that same thing when she was unconscious with the head injury in the trauma unit at the hospital. Anyway, it turns out that everything is ok. They sent her home with pills. They say it is colitus. Have no idea what causes that or what but I guess she is ok. Phew...

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sorry you are having such a crummy weekend - I can somewhat relate. Hope A gets home tomorrow. Here are my stats for the week for the challenges: Weight on 9/28=217 (down 8lbs woo hoo - yes water weight, but weight none the less). I walked 300 minutes & 13.5 miles this week (Mon-Sun).

Crystal said...

Sorry to hear you are having so many crappy things going on right now. Try to remain as positive as you can. Hopefully, all will work out and A will be heading back tomorrow. I'm sending good thoughts for your mom, too. Take care.

Hanlie said...

I'm so glad he's coming back! Use the waiting time constructively - i.e. waxes, pedi's, etc!

Hope your mom gets better soon!

Scale Junkie said...

I know waiting is so hard, but he'll be home soon!

RunningNan said...

Better watch.. I heard kidney stones are going around! I'm glad everything is ok with her! ER's suck. I should get my VIP card soon. The third time I was there (2 weeks ago maybe) they had the balls to come in the room and ask me for my payment. I wanted to punch her in the arsehole! lol.