Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Challenges!!!!!

The Challenge...

There are two..there is the exercise challenge and there is the weight loss challenge. The weight loss challenge will be like the one I hosted before with the exception of prizes (sorry!). There may be something in it for the first prize winner. Time will tell. Surprises are always fun! Let me tell you something, my scale is going down everyday so I am going to be giving you ladies a run for your money this time :P. So here's the deal. We will start this week, and we will go 8 weeks. Each week, when you weigh in (it doesn't necessarily need to be Mondays) comment on my blog and I will update the stats. I am going to work on some bling, as well. I need to get the creative juices flowing. I need more coffee for that :). So ladies (and gents, if there any) leave me a comment tell me want to join us and let the friendly competition begin!

The exercise challenge will work similar to the weight challenge. Each week comment with the time exercised in minutes. Which one of us really is the gym rat? (I know it's not me...hehe). Each week, I will compile the number of minutes and convert them to miles walked and we are going on a trip. We are starting in Florida seeing as that's where I live. Where do you want to go? Shall we hike to Alaska? Should we try to visit everyone in the challenge? We will take the scenic route and take some pictures along the way. This could be a lot of fun! Want to join? Let me know in the comments!!! It starts now and will last for 8 weeks.

*********************************************************************************

I have been having issues lately. Self worth/esteem issues. Things have been bothering me that wouldn't normally bother me. Last week F and I had a conversation that hasn't left my head. A comment he made to me just slapped me in the face repeatedly and of course, he had absolutely no idea that it did that to me. Last night I emailed him and shared with him my deepest, darkest secrets because above everything else he still is my friend. I explained everything in my screwed up head. I brought up the comment that bothered me and why it bothered me. Anyway to make a long story short, he messaged me last night and it turned into probably one of our best conversations ever. He knows what issues I am dealing with and why I have those issues or at least the theory I have behind those issues. Although our issues are different, they are similar and affect our self worth. He told me last night that I am a beautiful person inside and out and that any man would be lucky to have me, just some are idiots sometimes (he must be referring to himself..hehe). He told me that he just can't seem to let go of me, it's another issue of his. He said he can't love anyone else, until he loves himself and he is working on that. What a cliche'..but he's right. So it was a really good conversation and I think we have actually grown in some ways...not towards getting back together or anything like that..just grown. Hard to explain. Last night I was thinking about these issues that I am having...then I realized this self esteem/self worth crap phase that I am going through..just started. I am not normally like this...it's the medicine!!!

I should be happy...my scale is going down every day. Literally, every day its going down. Today it was 272. yay. A is coming home at some point and he is a sweet, sweet man that has potential. My bathroom is being remodeled. My roommate is gone. F and I are friends. Bills are getting paid, not a whole lot of money leftover but am doing ok so far. Nothing to be upset about, right? So WTF is my problem?

So, I just need to some how keep this in perspective that it's got to be the meds making me feel this way and keep it in check.

8 comments:

Amy S. said...

Scary to think that. I'm starting on Topomax tonight, so I'll be interested to compare notes and see if it keeps feeling that way for you. The dr told me it would take me a few months to get used to it...

Shanna said...

YEAH!!! I loved the BL challenge last time. I am so excited, it really kept me going! So are we using this week's weight. If so I am at 178.5. No need for prizes either... the pounds melting off are rewarding enough!! =)

And I will be in the exercise challenge too! Thanks again for putting it all together!

new*me said...

sounds like your life is on track...you just need to let your mind catch up with that fact.

and, hurray on the weight loss!!! I will join in both challenges.

My starting weight as of today is 244.

Amy S. said...

I appreciate you input. I'm looking forward to not feeling hungry all day long. Have you noticed all soda tasting flat? I heard that I will hate soda when I'm on this b/c it will taste flat, but I have a hard time seeing me ever hating soda! (Even if water is better for me)

Big Girl said...

I'm up for the exercise challenge. I won't be able to put in a lot of minutes compared to what you and Kate have as goals but I do hope to make it to the gym 4 or 5 days a week.

From the outside looking in, your life seems great. I just wish you could see the same.

Stacy Cartwright said...

Thanks for hosting the challenge again I promise to stick with this challenge. My starting weight is 171 pounds. And thanks again for taking time out our your busy life to host this.

MaryFran said...

Can't wait to get movin' on this challenge!!! Both the weight and the exercise! :-)

Congrats on the great numbers on the scales! Keep em' dropping!

Poonie said...

I want to play! I'd love to join the exercise challenge. What a great idea, thanks for doing this.